Apps don't open!??!??!

drumrobot

Aug 8, 2009
Visit site
I?m having problems like that too... all third party applications are crashing instantly.
The iPhone was having problems turning on. when it finally DID turn on, it said that it required activation. Now, I can?t open anything but built-in apps... and I have a 7-hour plane ride coming up.

If it helps, the iPhone is an iPhone 3G running OS 3.0.
It?s been owned for awhile.
It has not had any cellphone-network connections for over 2 weeks (not sure if that matters...).
Thanks

nextjeter2

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Try a restore from backup it will backup everything and it will be the same it was before you restore it clearing the iPhone and reloading it might fix ure bug

bengalkat

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Just found this forum and am going through the pages of posts. :)

I had the 3G and picked up the 3Gs about two weeks ago. I've had a lot of issues with apps not opening but it's been the worst since I've been out of town. I'm currently in an area that doesn't have very good AT&T coverage and none of my apps will open most of the time. Sometime they will but not very often. Right now I can't get a single app to open on my phone. I've rebooted it several times over the past 4-5 days and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Michele

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I?m having problems like that too... all third party applications are crashing instantly.
The iPhone was having problems turning on. when it finally DID turn on, it said that it required activation. Now, I can?t open anything but built-in apps... and I have a 7-hour plane ride coming up.

If it helps, the iPhone is an iPhone 3G running OS 3.0.
It?s been owned for awhile.
It has not had any cellphone-network connections for over 2 weeks (not sure if that matters...).
Thanks

Pop out the Sim Card and then reseat and place back in.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
If the third party apps are crashing, it would be a issue with memory management. Is it a 8GB iPhone with full memory, or is there nothing but a few apps and a few GB's of memory left.

Could be an issue with the installs of the apps, too.

As for the person that can't get his apps to work, he never mentions in the copied post if the phone was jailbroken or not, or if the phone had been dropped or what. I find it hard to believe that the lack of radio signal in the phone is not allowing apps to load, unless the radio is using up all of the processor cycles to try and acquire cell service. Can't imagine how hot the phone would get if that happened.

Could the phone be in airplane mode and that be the issue of no cell service? Does it say no service in the upper left corner, or show a small airplane? Just questions to try and help out, don't be offended, I am not insulting your intelligence, but the questions need to be asked to troubleshoot properly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73