New iPhone user have a couple ?'s
Hey all I'm a new iPhone convertee from a Treo Pro on Windows Mobile.
I have a couple questions on the best way to do things on my iPhone:
1. I have two email accounts on my phone, seems like the only way to flip between them is to hit the mail button and either select the current account, or backout to inbox, accounts then select the account. In the Windows Mobile world i could just go right or left to select between exchange, gmail, txt, etc.
2. How do I store some attachements on the phone? Like to want to store my resume or a few other often used files, I email to people.
3. Is there a way to schedule, either a) flight mode to kick in at a certain time or b) schedule exchange email to stop syncing at a certain time? For example when I want to go to bed, I want the phone to shut off to save juice and kill any noise.
4. Can I set up a custom alert on incoming email? For example if bill @ gates.com emails me I would like it to beep with a different tone then the normal notification.
Thanks in advance- So far I'm loving it, just trying to get past a few items.
- 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM #2
In the current OS...
1) This is the only way to access either account
2)There are a variety of apps that can access files. Just search files in the app store and you'll get a long list.
3) You can put the phone on silent or turn it off. Currently there is no way to do either.
4) Unfortunatley there are no custom tones for email nor sms. Only calls.
Other than these there's an app for almost about everything. Best phone ever. Can do way more than any other phone. Sure some other phones might have some things that the iphone does not. But the iphone has way more that other phones don't plus more to come in the future. Apple is extremely innovative.
- 08-10-2009, 11:54 PM #3
- 08-11-2009, 02:08 PM #4
3) manually select airplane mode. It saves battery life as well! I'd like to see a supreme preference option where you can select specific application to shut down while sleeping.
4) through jailbreak you can change alerts to chime differently between e-mail, text, pop-ups, calendar, but not by specific contacts.
- 08-11-2009, 02:16 PM #5
- 08-11-2009, 05:57 PM #7
- 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM #8
- 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM #9
- 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM #10