Cycorder - Can't change file name

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
After I transfer Cycorder videos to my PC, I am unable to change the name of the file. A message box pops up saying the file is in use by another person or application but that?s not the case. I sent one of the files to another PC and changed the name there. But once I sent it back to my PC, again, I was unable to modify the file name. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Is cycorder a jailbreak app??never heard if it????

yeah it's a jailbreak app to allow 3G phones to create video.

sandman1318
I use cycorder too and I've had this happen once. What do you use to transfer the files? SSH? once the file has completed being transferred ensure you disconnect whatever program you use to transfer the file ie. I use cyberduck. Then ensure the SSH on the Iphone is turned off. If you tried to open the file to preview it look for the program it played in quicktime?? and quit the program. As a last resort you can log off and then back in or final resort like the other person said reboot the machine.

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I rebooted the machine and tried to change the name of a video file and it worked. But then, I tried changing another video file and was unable to as before. In fact, the file that I successfully changed would not change when I tried doing it a second time. Instead I got that message again about another person or application using the file.

I didn't use SSH but instead used Pixelpipe to transfer the video to my PC. (I had to install the PPP video enabler app, through Cydia, for Pixelpipe work.) But I tried SSH a while back and ran into the same problem when trying to change the file name. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

Neal

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have Cycorder and use it all the time. So far we have not had any issues. It's a nice tool to have when you are on the road a lot. We drive truck across country.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I rebooted the machine and tried to change the name of a video file and it worked. But then, I tried changing another video file and was unable to as before. In fact, the file that I successfully changed would not change when I tried doing it a second time. Instead I got that message again about another person or application using the file.

I didn't use SSH but instead used Pixelpipe to transfer the video to my PC. (I had to install the PPP video enabler app, through Cydia, for Pixelpipe work.) But I tried SSH a while back and ran into the same problem when trying to change the file name. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

Neal

I posted a link to iphone explorer which lets you explore the phone file system through the USB cable. Some program is keeping a lock on the files when you transfer them. You may have better luck transferring them with this program.

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
That iPhone explorer program is pretty cool! But I still am unable to change the file names after transferring videos. However, I am able to change the file name, in iPhone explorer, BEFORE transferring the files. Thanks for telling me about iPhone explorer and for the "work around" for my problem. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73