Leaving 3g on ???

rob90262

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the forums and was wondering if you leave the 3g on in the iPhone does it really drain your battery in the matter of a couple of hours

rob90262

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm asking because off a full charge the battery only last 5hours 42minute and I'm not sure if that's good or should I take my phone back in

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm asking because off a full charge the battery only last 5hours 42minute and I'm not sure if that's good or should I take my phone back in

Is that including stand by/sleep time? And anytime your not using your iPhone do you make sure you put it in stand by/sleep ?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
my wife has 90% of her battery after 1 day mostly on standby.

it's not 3G vs not, it's using it that drains it. this does sound like something Apple needs to fix

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't unless you're using things like websites, IMing, streaming podcasts or music, etc.

Turn off bluetooth when not using it too.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
What is the battery time if you do indeed turn your 3g off? You have a while to trade the phone in. Try some tests.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I have had a 3G and now a 3GS, and the battery life on both is roughly the same. They last me all day with moderate use. 3G is always on, so is Bluetooth. I watch some videos at lunchtime and check mail numerous times a day. I even play some light games during my down time at work. Stream radio sometimes, too.

I have only had a day or two where I was pushing the battery hard, but that is why I carry a charger for my phone in my bag with my laptop.