Accessory error message

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
What up, peeps. I've had my iPhone for a couple of days now and today I'm experiencing a weird problem. When the phone comes out of lock, I get this ominous error message (complete with yellow warning sign) "charging is not compatible with this accessory". I've also got a few other pop-up messages with "accessory" mesasages. Thing is, I don't have any accessories connected to the phone.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated by this iPhone noob :)

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Some others on this forum have had the same issue, but not too many.

I believe some of them resolved the issue by restoring the iPhone, as new, not from a backup.

Is the phone jailbroken? Could be a factor caused by a piece of software installed.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
This problem did happen to me when I had my 2G, Apple had to fix that one. I had a Lanyard plugged into the dock port and it caused this problem. But still try blowing into it first

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
jevangil i agree do a restore as a new device and test again i hope if you jailbroke it you didnt end up with some dirty keys if thats the case you`ll have to restore and jailbreak it again using another method

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Good news....after charging the phone overnight everything seems to be kosher. But I did blow into the port just in case.

Incidentally it's not a jailbroken phone. I wouldn't even know how to jailbreak :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2