Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default How do I transfer movies...

from my iphone to my computer if I don't have iPhoto? Well, I do have iPhoto but it is version...2.1, sad I know. I want to do a clean restore of my phone, to see if it helps with the battery life, but I don't want to lose the movies I have recorded thus far. Now when I import my camera roll into iPhoto it removes all the photos but leaves the video, do to the compatibility issue. I am using a PowerBook G4 with Tiger.

Thanks,
    Score
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Apple doesn't give an iphoto minimum requirement. You may wish to contact them with your question
    iMore Guru

You can post your movies to itube or mobile me. Or have you tried to email them to yourself?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Yes, I posted them to YouTube, but wanted to keep the non-compressed versions too.
    I will ask Apple, not sure why they will not import into iPhoto 2.

Thanks,
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by scoremann View Post
    Yes, I posted them to YouTube, but wanted to keep the non-compressed versions too.
    I will ask Apple, not sure why they will not import into iPhoto 2.

Thanks,
    It's just the way it is... I was confused as well on day one when I tried to transfer a movie into iPhoto and then sync it back to the phone in a video folder. The only way to get the full video off is a click and drag into your iTune videos. Then sync it back with other "movies" within iTunes. Not an idea way to do it but sadly, it's the only way. Since then I just keep my videos on my camera roll until a better solution comes along.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Thanks Sikora, but my problem is that I can't even get the movies to iPhoto, I believe because of the version but not sure. There is no where to select them or drag them or anything. So they are "stuck" on the phone. I want to do a clean restore but can't because I don't want to lose the original, non-compressed videos. How do window users download their movies if they don't have iphoto?

Here is what I ended up doing: Synced my phone with my work computer was able to download the original movies into iPhoto on that machine, running iPhoto '08, copied them to my Dropbox account and moved them to my old trusty Powerbook G4s harddrive.
    Banned

Default Transfer your movie to you computer

you can use a tool, named iPhone transfer, like Aimersoft iphone transfer, or use google.com to search one.

When you have the tool, you can upload or save moive/music/video among your iPhone, iTunes, Computer.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BruceeL View Post
    you can use a tool, named iPhone transfer, like Aimersoft iphone transfer, or use google.com to search one.

When you have the tool, you can upload or save moive/music/video among your iPhone, iTunes, Computer.
    Do you know if that software allows you to save movies from your computer directly to the iPhone without putting them in iTunes first?

Thanks in advance
    iMore Guru

Since you now know that iphoto08 will work. Perhaps an upgrade for your computer is in order.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Newbie

BruceeL - thanks Aimersoft is only Windows, but I found another one.

chobbs1, yes I will be upgrading in Sept. when the next iMacs are released.