Can I set different voulme levels for different things?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I want to set different volume levels for

a) different ring tones

b) volume of the telephone conversations when the iphone is held to the ear

c) volume of the telephone conversations through the headphone jack

d) volume of alarms (like incoming mail) [Can I set different tones for alerts for incoming emails, upcoming meetings, incoming SMS etc? A different tone for incoming emails in different email accounts will be great too..]

e) music playback in the ipod application

Is it possible to customize the audio levels to this extent? At the very least, different volumes of ringer and conversations would be nice.

Thanks.
Aloke

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You can not do any of this except the different volume throught the headphones which you can only set when using the headphones

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So, if I use the side rocker to set a volume for headphones, that'll get remembered for all sounds (music, phone) coming out of the headphones?

This will be different from, say the ringer volume+all other sounds coming thru the iphone speakers?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Correct, but only when you have the headphones plugged in.

It will actually show you on the screen that you're adjusting the headphone volume.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
You would have to use a piece of software that allows you to set the native volume of the ringtone louder . This is a gripe with me , but here is the solution Iringer , is a free piece of software that will allow you to make louder custom ringtones .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2