Why does Mr. Jobs decide my email alerts?

All4Customization

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Is there any way to change the email alerts on the iPhone without having to go through the trouble of jail breaking it? I am worried that I might screw teh thing up real bad...

I do not want to wake up in the middle of the night for emails, but would still want to get up for phone calls. That and the tone is pretty annoying.

My sony ericsson from more than 5 years ago had profiles, but the "coolest cell phone ever" seems to be less of a phone and more of a music player. If it wasn't for the 10% restocking fee - I would have traded this for a Bold.

Any ideas? May be thought or suggestions? :confused:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Uh, you can't sleep without checking your email?

Just set up the mail to check every 15 minutes, and if you can't live 14 minutes without email, just open up the mail app and it will check. And if you have email, there's a red banner that is displayed for you.

Is this what you're asking?

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
That's one of my biggest complaints about the iPhone right now. I have Level 1 alerts setup for work and my monitoring server since we're a 24/7 shop but I'm the only admin at my office. At night I used to put my BB on Phone only but level 1 alerts where loud so if something from work came in, then it would wake me up. Now it's hard to sleep at night because I'm concerned that I'll miss an email from the exec's or a SMS from my monitoring server. I normally use my 3GS on the weekends but my BB fell in the sink this morning so now it's going home and sitting in a sealed bag of rice until the weekend and I'm relying on my 3GS for the week.

All4Customization

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Uh, you can't sleep without checking your email?

Just set up the mail to check every 15 minutes, and if you can't live 14 minutes without email, just open up the mail app and it will check. And if you have email, there's a red banner that is displayed for you.

Is this what you're asking?

I DO NOT want those annoying beeps in the night... but still need alerts for other messages.

Right now, I have to turn off email alerts every night and hopefully I will remember to turn them on the next morning. :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox