problems with email using Outlook Vista 2007

solivaine

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I have been having problems getting my email on both my iphone 3G and my Outlook 2007 (use Vista). The email goes to one or the other, sometimes both, often just one or the other device. Talked to Apple a couple of times and no real help, they think it is an Outlook setting problem and directed me to Microsoft.

A friend that works for Bellsouth told me that he thinks that is the application Outlook is open, Bellsouth will deliver the email to Outlook and then delete the email from the bellsouth server and never send the email to my iphone. However, if the Outlook application is closed, then Bellsouth will send the email to my iphone and will NOT delete the email and still send it to Outlook where it will be available when I open Outlook. I've been experimenting and this seems to be the case most of the time. However, as I'm writing this, I have Outlook open and just received an email ONLY on my iphone and not through Outlook. I've also received two just on Outlook supporting the Bellsouth dump theory. Any help, thoughts????

I deleted my email account from my iphone, reset to factory, disabled wi-fi, reinstalled the email address and disabled syncing email syncing with Itunes. None of this has fixed the problem.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
make sure that under options for the acct in outlook, you have checked off the option to leave a copy of the message on the server. if not, when outlook updates, it could "beat" your phone to the mail and download it, taking with it the copy on the orginal server. and vice versa. sounds like you sometimes get it on your phone, but always on your outlook. i bet this fixes it for you.

here is a pic of the setting in outlook:D

Last edited:

solivaine

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Problem with outlook 2007 & email solved, see thread

Thank you VERY much! That completely solved the problem. I did get this solution from an AT&T tech support last night. However, I've been at the Genius bar, on the phone with Apple help and AT&T several times and it took four days to get this recommendation from AT&T finally last night. I should have posted here first. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox