Non-Jailbreakers

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Haven't been compelled too do it. Now that I know I've I know I'm keeping my 3G for another year and the warranty is up I might look into it. I'm also concerned about how it might run, hacked things don't normally run as well in my experience.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i am murphys law incarnate, and i'm afraid of messing something up terribly! heck, i never even loaded a beta os on my bold!

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with my phone the way it is too. I guess I don't know any different. I've never jailbroken a phone so I don't know what I'm missing ;)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
After 3.0 I just have not found a very compelling reason to JB at this time. Sure JB allows you to do some things that would be cool,(ie Winterboard) but for what I need the iPhone to do.... It is just fine the way it is.;)

The only reason I would JB now would be to take Video shots. But with only a 2 meg camera...mehh. But that is just me.:p

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Wow, thanks guys.

I come from a world of WM flashing. I used to hang out on XDA-Developers and flash my WM devices all the time. So, I guess it is something that I'm used to.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I've read, on this site particularly, about too many people that have had problems after jailbreaking. I am not willing to mess with a good thing. My phone is fast, smooth and just works! Why should I mess with that? Give me a good reason I should jailbreak. Themes? Naw, those don't matter to me. Background? Naw, I really haven't found a need,yet, for that. Any thing else?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Here's a few reasons Apple stands where it does on jailbreaking

Crashes & instability
Malfunctioning & safety
Invasion of privacy
Exposing children to age-inappropriate content
Viruses & malware*
Inability to update software
Cellular network impact*
Piracy of developers? applications*
Instability of developers? applications*
Increased support burden*
Developer relationships
The Apple/iPhone brand*
Limitation on ability to innovate

miamitreo

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The phone just works.... Now what I would be interested in is unlocking the sim cardso when I travel outside the US I can use a local sim. That is even low on the list as I have 2 unlocked BB that can pull the travel phone needs. So basicly I dont have a need or want right now...

BuesinessTime

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I will jailbreak my 3GS when I get it, kind of seems pointless with 3.0.
I mean sure you can't fully customize the layout and things like that, but other than that it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I like my phone the way it is and I like the warranty. :D

But they can't tell it was jailbroken after a restore, isn't that correct?

I have a slingbox. I came from WM where I could use my sling on my AT&T Titan. When I got my iPhone and they nixed 3G slinging I was pissed. That is what caused me to jailbreak.

I don't do any of that theme stuff, I have one thing from Cydia and that is 3G Unrestrictor.

I'm a weekly traveler and I must have my sling. The airline industry is pretty messed up and I can't take delays without it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice