captain

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
im a neebie to the i-phone, well about 3 weeks, every other phone ive owned ive been able to switch the phone off and the alarm would still wake me up in the morning. i own an i-phone 3g and this doesnt happen when phone is switched off, can anybody educate me please!!!!:confused:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you fully power down the phone, no the alarm will not go off. Which phone did you have before that would turn on and then set the alarm off?

You CAN turn the screen off and the built in alarm will still go off. I use it as my day to day alarm for waking up.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
One of the nice things about the iPhone is that you don't need to turn it off. Flip the mute switch so that you won't hear calls or sms in the night, but you will hear your alarm in the morning!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I had the same problem only once then I figured it out. On older phones, flip phones, Motorolla, Nokia even if you power the phone off the alarm still goes off. The Iphone as everyone has said is different if you power it off it is OFF. The iPhone is different from older simple phones so things work a bit differently. The solutions have been presented in the other posts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox