One-tap way to forward calls?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
The signal strength at my home is very poor. I want to forward in-coming calls to my land line when I get home.

Is there an easy and quick way to do this? Or do I have to do this through Settings-> Phone and enter my number every time?

A location-based app that would do (and undo) this automatically within a 100 yards from my home would be great.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you do it in the phone. there may be a way via the webpage but that's more work.

location-based apps have to be running to do anything. you would have to keep it open and the phone on for it to work

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Then we can't have any location-based application running in the background. This would be a simple app using my location (to turn on/off call forwarding) Lack of true multitasking is a real limitation.
Maybe with background notification it may work someday?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What you have described is exactly what Google Voice is for. If you haven't already gotten an invite for a Google Voice number, go and apply for one. It gives you a number you can give out to everyone, and you determine (via the web) where it will ring. It's very clever!

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
What you have described is exactly what Google Voice is for. If you haven't already gotten an invite for a Google Voice number, go and apply for one. It gives you a number you can give out to everyone, and you determine (via the web) where it will ring. It's very clever!

Too bad it only works on JB

stupid ATT

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
The idea is that I give my GV phone # to all and make it ring both my iPhone and my landline (thus not missing any calls)?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am suprised that soo many people are still pauing for a landline in their homes. I disconnected mine three years ago and have not missed the bill. Nor have I missed the solicitation calls.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am suprised that soo many people are still pauing for a landline in their homes. I disconnected mine three years ago and have not missed the bill. Nor have I missed the solicitation calls.

My wife and I only have cell phones. We bought a house and my mom said "you should get a landline."

I said no. We don't miss it.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
If I had dropped my land line, I wouldn't be with a phone service (except IP based) as I have virtually no ATT signal at home.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2