Proof 3G screen is better than 3GS..

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
You're wife only has one purse lol.... you're lucky.

I realized from my 3g that something tragic could happen to my 'i' if I didn't take care of it. And I like my iphone like I like my hot wings, naked. Never had a screen protector or case. I do have a hip holster tho. No way my 'i' is going in my pocket. Heaven forbit I lean up against something forgetting it's in there and cracking the screen. Give me chills just to think about it.

Lesson learned, the iPhone needs to be taken care of properly.

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
The Olephobicstrobic screen sucks. I still have fingerprints all over the place. It doesn't work at all. I just haven't had the chance to go out and get an antiglare screen cover. The one i had for my 3g was great

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The Olephobicstrobic screen sucks. I still have fingerprints all over the place. It doesn't work at all. I just haven't had the chance to go out and get an antiglare screen cover. The one i had for my 3g was great

If you use it, it will have fingerprints... happens to me all the time. Quick wipe on the sleeve and *poof*... they're gone.

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Please refer to post #6 (link) to see others less fortunate.

Ok...so you and a handful of people have scratches on your 3Gs. Not exactly what I would call evidence of a systemic issue as it relates to screen deficiencies/issues on the 3Gs.

Again, sorry about your 3Gs.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
If it's a coating it will scratch. The glass in the 3GS may be just as durable as 3G but the oleo coating is not as durable as the 3G glass.

Both will scratch but a coating on hard glass could reasonably be expected to be more prone to scratches.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I usually sell my iPhone to subsidize the newer model. So I don't take chances with scratches. I use an air support crystal clear screen protector.

It takes a few seconds to put on and is just as easy to wipe clean. Plus I don't have to worry about scratching the screen.

Cheap insurance in my opinion.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I installed a Zagg InvisibleShield, front only. I have no problems with reception or getting any kind of message like that.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
"Glass in nature is very resistant to scratching, research it. I am also comparing it to previous models of the iPhone with no coating (glass NO scratches). Get over your iPhone fanboism."

I think the problem is like someone said is the coating meant to prevent fingerprints or fingerprints and scratches. If the coating is to prevent fingerprints then you can't blame it by calling it phony for scratching easily. If it didn't claim to have anything to do with being scratch resistant then you have just found the side effect of the coating.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure scratches are definately worste than smudges especially when you can buy a screen protector and clean the smudges off and if it does get smudged who cares it's the protector buy another one and change it out.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
RIGHT !!!

I made a thread about the very same thing ! The 3GS screen DOES scratch easily. It's a polymer ( plastic ) and it will scratch !

People didn't believe me here. I've had my 3G since October 2008 and never had a scratch. I had my 3GS for 4 hours and I had a scratch. I had it replaced because it also had dust under screen which I think is a BIGGGGG 3GS problem as well.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
RIGHT !!!

I made a thread about the very same thing ! The 3GS screen DOES scratch easily. It's a polymer ( plastic ) and it will scratch !

People didn't believe me here. I've had my 3G since October 2008 and never had a scratch. I had my 3GS for 4 hours and I had a scratch. I had it replaced because it also had dust under screen which I think is a BIGGGGG 3GS problem as well.

The screen is still glass! It just has a thin Oleo phobic coating on top of the glass. I don't know what you guys are doing to your iPhone's to scratch the glass, but I have Zero scratches on my 3GS screen. If you want to see a device that scratches easily just look at the Palm Pre's plastic screen or any winmobile plastic touch sensitive screen. They become riddled with scratches. Not the case with my 3GS.

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Don't Worry Omari. I believe you. Luckily I do not have scratches on my screen. but that is probably only because I bought my new case before the Iphone and the phone has not even gone one day without a case.

Jharold

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I dont see how the 3gs is a huge upgrade over the 3G, its a small imrpvoement, software is the same. Im loving peggle. that game rocks

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You guys are right, if you think twice as fast is no big deal or video is nothing or voice control is meanial. Not to mention, dare I say it, the oleophobic screen ( which rocks!) then your right. It is only an incremental.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
When I hear people talking about gaming with their iPhone 3GS, then say somethign like it's not a significant improvement, makes me wonder if they're really a power user. Was the 3G bad, no. Is the 3GS better, most definitely.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
The screen is still glass! It just has a thin Oleo phobic coating on top of the glass. I don't know what you guys are doing to your iPhone's to scratch the glass, but I have Zero scratches on my 3GS screen. If you want to see a device that scratches easily just look at the Palm Pre's plastic screen or any winmobile plastic touch sensitive screen. They become riddled with scratches. Not the case with my 3GS.

I don't care what anyone says. The screen still is more likely the scratch due to the layer. You probably have a protector on yours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner