Your iPhone Hardware - Perfect or Defective?

Defective or Perfect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So many times you see a thread that revolves around iPhones and issues it may have. And I get that, people come to forums to seek help with a problem or vent out their frustrations. With that said, I'm starting this thread so that we can get a better idea of the % of people with perfect iPhones compared to defective ones.

Chances are most will be defect free and that's the way it should be but someone new to the forums will come in and see nothing but problems listed and want to avoid making the purchase based on what they read on the internet. A good example would be the forums over at Precentral.net. If I didn't know any better and went to those forums, I'd think the Pre is the worst cellphone ever made. And the same can be said about the Crackberry forums and the Storm... wait that really is the worst phone ever made... :p

So I will kick it off. Mine is perfect. Got it from Apple June 19th. (The original iPhone I will admit I had to go thru 7 before I found one with zero dead pixels. The 3G and 3GS have been perfect. Knock on wood.)

ryrycalguy

Jul 14, 2008
twitter.com
Mine is great so far **knocks on wood** and I also got mine on June 19th.

My 3G from last year had those infamous hairline cracks but Apple switched those out without a hitch.

I'm happy here!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I choose perfect even though I have experienced the backlight issue discussed here. Other than that happening only a few random times, perfect baby.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
LOL.. I knew there would be a Pre or Storm jab somewhere in there. Sure enough..

But about the topic, mine seems to be in perfect working condition.. Knock on wood I've never had any problems with my 3GS or the two previous 3G models I owned.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
LOL.. I knew there would be a Pre or Storm jab somewhere in there. Sure enough..

But about the topic, mine seems to be in perfect working condition.. Knock on wood I've never had any problems with my 3GS or the two previous 3G models I owned.

Hey hey... I actually like the Pre. Trick is to find one without issues. Storm, forget about it. ;)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
No problems other than the scratches on my screen. However, since those were my doing, I put perfect.

Now, if I could find something wrong, then I could swap it out and get one without scratches. :)

Chris

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a white 3G iPhone and it's perfect. No cracks or anything, but there's a small black button underneath the silver Apple logo; it's shaped like the batman logo. I haven't pressed it yet. I'm sort of scared to. Anyone else see this? :p

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am on my 4th so far

iPhone #1: completely died after 2 days - Apple could not fix
#2 Press menu button and there was a 10 -15 second delay on screen lighting - Apple had no clue and said they never heard of it so they just exchanged
#3 Issue with the phone/headset speaker and Apple could not fix
#4 screen is not sealed very well on right side and alredy getting quite a bit of dust under my screen. I'm just happy that this one works so even though this is a flaw, I'mscared to get another one that doesnt work.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
1st gen PERFECT, no dead pixels, no heat, still working perfectly to this day
3G started getting dust in the screen but still Perfect because it always does what I want :D

I remember hearing when the Storm was first released that it had a 50% return rate :confused: that means you had a 50/50 chance when you bought one that you would be returning it. Crazy

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Now my iPhone is PERFECT *touch wood* - since I've figured out the 'copy pictures from the iPhone issue: On my Vista pc, I connect the iPhone, and let the Window popup, and it has an option 'import images'. Choosing that causes the images to SHOW CORRECTLY!!!

But, if you do a copy and paste, by browsing to the device, and the respective folder, then it doesn't copy the items to the pc in portrait mode, but lanscape mode...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234