Extra button on iphone

rrrl17

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Do you think that the iPhone should have a secondary button next to the homebutton that would act as a menu for whatever app your using. Like the blackberry menu button

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I like only having one button. I come from WinMo land where there were plenty of buttons abound, but I found that I really didn't use all of them.

ryrycalguy

Jul 14, 2008
twitter.com
I would like to have a secondary button on the side to launch a favorite application with a press of the button which could also double as the shutter button when taking pictures. I hate having to take pictures of myself with a friend while trying to guess where the on-screen shutter button is.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I would like to have a secondary button on the side to launch a favorite application with a press of the button which could also double as the shutter button when taking pictures. I hate having to take pictures of myself with a friend while trying to guess where the on-screen shutter button is.

Hey! THAT'S IT! I was thinking about that the other day!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm good with one button. I like it that way.

Chances increase of a button messing up with more buttons. If I have 100 chances at making a half court shot, chances are I'm making at least one. If I have 1 chance, less like to make it.

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Move the existing home button to the lower side and introduce a second button on the opposite lower side with options for intended use. Further I think it would be cool if the buttons were flush to the phone, like the sim holder.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

If there was a second button I second this option otherwise I like just the home button. I had a BB Storm for a couple days and it was so confusing using that damn thing using the button for menu options. The only thing I worry about is since the home button is used to do so much it will wear out over time.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site

Great idea and with voice control that would be awesome.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of more buttons because it really opens up the iPhone OS to more possibilities. A spaces button, a recent app button, a favourite app button, etc... but I don't know how to elegantly impliment those things. :(

bdaye

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
Extra Button

My vote is for a "back" button.

When I am in an app such ad email or crossward and I wish to look something up on the browser I want to be able to do so without closing the app.

Bob

Exergy

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I would like a camera button especially one with two presses to help focus then take the picture. A second button could definitely free up more screen space. I would want two more buttons but its not gonna happen.