at&t turned on my MMS...then turned it off
NOTE: Running iPhone 3.0 beta 2 on a 3GS.
Well I got excited since I have not read of anyone sending MMS without hacking.
My SMS stopped working. Tried to send a few SMS and it kept failing so I rebooted my iPhone and SMS worked again.
Then since I know when at&t sends updates to your phone you have reboot so I decided to send an MMS to my girlfriend and it went through! I then sent to my email and it also went through.
Later I tried again and it stopped working? So not sure WTF is going on.
* I got a confirmation from one person with an iPhone 3GS on 3.0 that they received the MMS from a weird 850 area code number
* I was able to send to my email address via MMS (see pic below)
* I was not able to receive a forward back from the iPhone 3GS 3.0 iPhone that received my MMS
* The other iPhone 3GS on my plan still can not send MMS after a reboot. Maybe they are doing it by number and not account?
Last edited by Justin; 07-15-2009 at 08:08 PM.
- 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM #2
- 07-15-2009, 09:22 PM #3
- 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM #4
- 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM #6
Samae post and pics were on Macrumors, so are you or that guy the originator of this theory?
Or are you the same person.?? Me thinks your the same Dizzy from there?
at&t turns on my MMS on 3.1 beta 2...and then turns it off - Mac Forums
Hahaha good find, I just happend to literally read both these posts within minutes of each other.
- 07-16-2009, 06:22 AM #7
- 07-16-2009, 06:24 AM #8
- 07-16-2009, 06:25 AM #9
- 07-16-2009, 07:36 AM #10
- 07-16-2009, 07:39 AM #11
- 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM #12
- 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM #13
- 07-16-2009, 07:51 AM #14
- 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM #15
- 07-16-2009, 07:53 AM #16
- 07-16-2009, 07:55 AM #17
- 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM #18
- 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM #19
- 07-16-2009, 08:47 AM #20
I have 3 good excuses for not posting here right away
1) I didn't want to lose cred here posting wild speculation
2) I was so flustered with trying to update my blog with test while testing at the same time it just slipped through the cracks.
3) I alerted the iPhone blog of my find so I felt like I had already "posted" to the forums
Take your pick
Last edited by Justin; 07-16-2009 at 08:58 AM.
- 07-16-2009, 10:31 AM #22
One other guy saying he was from the South Florida area (same as me) also posted that his was working for a bit and then stopped, so that may have helped. Then a few other people said they had it working, but after the first guy the other ones seemed a bit sarcastic.
- 07-16-2009, 12:11 PM #24
- 07-16-2009, 12:17 PM #25