• Nah, I am used to other methods

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Maybe, depends on the extra charges,etc

Votes: 16 13.1%

• Total voters

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I was one of the most disappointed iphone owners when I bought my 3G last year, realizing this common future was not available on one of the worlds major smartphones....

While Ive been patiently waiting for MMS and using alternative methods(email etc), I have finally realized that not only I have survived without MMS , but I intend to do stay alive and keep using my alternative methods even AFTER MMS is available.

Why?
Cause its so much easier for me to just email a pic,movie clip, sound clip, to any of my contacts,,, and as easy for them to send me one as they all either have an iphone , or they send their MMS to me as an email.

So in conclusion, I feel great that I can give AT&T the "bird" and not give them the satisfaction to make more money off of me(in case they charge extra for it) , by keep using my already existing FREE methods :)

peace

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I quite agree with you. I spent years on Sprint where they use Picture Mail - a horrible substitute for true MMS. You know, click the link and view the picture on the web? Prior to that my kids had the same kind of thing on their Sidekicks with T-Mo.

I only know one person who still attempts to send MMS, and that's cause up until about 2 weeks ago, he was the only person I know in the US who didn't have a data plan!

If I have a picture i want to share now, I email it straight to Mobyphoto.com where it gets posted to my flickr, Facebook, and Twitter accounts (and maybe a few other places I've forgotten about) so that everyone I know gets to see it in one step.

MMS? Who needs it!

Reactions: Matt74

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i'm in the same boat. i generally post my pics to Posterous and my friends and family know about it. so they check in and view my pics & videos. i don't mess around much with the 'MMS to Email' stuff because i can't seem to get my peeps to understand the MMS specific email address. lol

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, theres no additional charge for MMS texting. Also, why use an app when it is native on there now and done in a slick manner? I hear where you come from, but dont understand it.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll definitely be using MMS. Most people I know do NOT have smartphones and check their email maybe once a day. Even my parents who have iPhones and email set up, don't check their email when one comes in. In fact, they email me a picture, then text me to tell me they emailed a picture. It never fails that my response is that "I've already replied. I check my email as soon as it comes in". With MMS, I won't have this problem. I also have no interest in keeping track of what carrier people use...

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Leanna. My friends are broke. They can't afford iPhones and most don't check email daily. I've never been a big MMSer but my friends are and I'm sick of seeing that !@#$%^ AT&T message. Also my sister doesn't have a computer or a smartphone so MMS is it for her. I shutter whenever I think about how tech-less she is. I swear if I have to go to that !@#$%^ AT&T website and put in another password I just might snap!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll definitely be using MMS. Most people I know do NOT have smartphones and check their email maybe once a day. Even my parents who have iPhones and email set up, don't check their email when one comes in. In fact, they email me a picture, then text me to tell me they emailed a picture. It never fails that my response is that "I've already replied. I check my email as soon as it comes in". With MMS, I won't have this problem. I also have no interest in keeping track of what carrier people use...

I didnt mean that I e-mail them the pic to their e-mail acount but their phone to their number@carrier as an MMS they will recieve.

Your true friends should have an iphone anyways, :pso that way you can email pics, videos and voice back and forth , without any hassle, specially with push:)

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I didnt mean that I e-mail them the pic to their e-mail acount but their phone to their number@carrier as an MMS they will recieve.

Your true friends should have an iphone anyways, :pso that way you can email pics, videos and voice back and forth , without any hassle, specially with push:)

I know that's what you meant. But like I said... I'm not interested in keeping track of everyone's carrier. It's not easy, not convenient, and half the time doesn't "just work".

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I definitely will. I've had too many moments in the past 6 months where I really wanted to pass along a picture to a friend.

The e-mail way-around is too much of hassle for people that don't own a smartphone, etc..

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I definitely will. I've had too many moments in the past 6 months where I really wanted to pass along a picture to a friend.

The e-mail way-around is too much of hassle for people that don't own a smartphone, etc..

Again:

You CAN Email a picture from YOUR IPHONE, to a friend(or enemy), so THEY recieve it as an MMS on their Phone, it doesnt have to be a smart phone. Any kind of phone that can recieve your MMS, CAN and WILL recieve a picture you send from your IPHONE.
the hardest part is to know their carrier,,,and after that once you save their MMS info associated to their contact info, its as easy as MMS. you go to your photo album on your iphone, choose the e-mail option, and then choose the contacts info and viola it will send it it to their phone as an MMS.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I know that's what you meant. But like I said... I'm not interested in keeping track of everyone's carrier. It's not easy, not convenient, and half the time doesn't "just work".

I agree. Like in your previous post, I'm the same way, if someone sends a pic to my e-mail (most of my friends know I have an iPhone and send it to my e-mail), they text me to tell me, and I've already responded, lol I pretty much check mail as SOON as I hear it yell at me. lol

I do send pics through e-mail to ppl as an MMS but only for ones I have stored, I won't take the time to punch it in. Some of my friends that are big MMS'ers, I have a custom e-mail label called PIC MSG and the whole 5 or 6 friends I actually send pics to as an MMS have either verizon or AT&T, which is easy. It's either @mms.att.net or @vzwpix.com, and I have em stored already. If it's a new person, I don't bother anymore, haha

I have a list of carrier prefixes in my e-mail that I sent myself, but most of the time it's a pain to dig through it, so I don't even bother. I just send it to my flickr or facebook and people can see them there.

I'll definitely be using MMS when AT&T finally pushes the update out. It'll be nice to be able to receive them. (Too bad I'll pretty much have to send a mass text out telling people I actually CAN receive pic msgs now since they know not to send me them, haha)

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I will use it everyday, if not every hour :p

this and video are the only features of other smartphones i really miss, i never really use email so i need an alternate to emailing pics...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Well... I've had MMS, but the only real reason that I'll use it, is to receive as some people send me mms and I never know. Also, I can store it in my email folders when I receive them by email. The only time I'll find out is if they ask me if I received it. I rather send a picture by email to retain the size. MMS shrinks the quality of the pictures (I think to 500kb or near that).

Luckily I have MMS enabled (since beta 2) :)

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Since getting my iPhone I can't say I have ever thought, 'if i could only send a photo, video, etc. in this message'. Then again still getting use to my smartphone and its capabilities.

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
This goes in the 'duh' category. Of course I'll use MMS for pictures (video not so much I don't think.) I used to send MMS all of the time on my previous smart phones. The Treo 600, 650, and 750 all had excellent messaging apps that included MMS. It was just totally natural to include a quick snap shot with text.

Just like with copy paste, I had it less than a day and it saved me 10 times. I though "how did I ever get by without this?" The return of MMS to my hand will be welcome.

Now people say "why not just email it?" Well I do. But people don't necessarily read email instantly. That's the whole purpose of text messages, it's immediate. If I email a photo, the person may not see it for hours.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
This goes in the 'duh' category. Of course I'll use MMS for pictures (video not so much I don't think.) I used to send MMS all of the time on my previous smart phones. The Treo 600, 650, and 750 all had excellent messaging apps that included MMS. It was just totally natural to include a quick snap shot with text.

Just like with copy paste, I had it less than a day and it saved me 10 times. I though "how did I ever get by without this?" The return of MMS to my hand will be welcome.

Now people say "why not just email it?" Well I do. But people don't necessarily read email instantly. That's the whole purpose of text messages, it's immediate. If I email a photo, the person may not see it for hours.

I think its been mentioned here few times already but I'll explain it to you as well
When we talk about e-mailing apic/vid, we're talking about e-mail from your phone to them as MMS . they recieve it as fast as a normal MMS and it pops out as an MMS on any MMS enabled phone. THIS goes in the 'duh' category , my friend :p

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I think its been mentioned here few times already but I'll explain it to you as well
When we talk about e-mailing apic/vid, we're talking about e-mail from your phone to them as MMS . they recieve it as fast as a normal MMS and it pops out as an MMS on any MMS enabled phone. THIS goes in the 'duh' category , my friend :p

That doesn't always work, lately most pics I send to people that way rarely go through, besides, most people I know do not have smartphones. And we still have to go to the horrid joke of a website "viewmymessage.com" to see pics sent to us, and it doesn't even work half of the time. MMS is a simple solution to the problem, and you don't have to use it..:cool:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Email is best! The picture quality is better. I receive it instantly and I don't have a limit on how many I can send. My freinds enjoy telling me that my fancy smancy phone can't receive mms until I say send it in an email. Then they shut up. If they have email on the crap phone it is too difficult to use so they won't.
Of course I'll use it if/when it's available. But for the most part I prefer email. Mms is the wave of the PAST.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Email is best! The picture quality is better. I receive it instantly and I don't have a limit on how many I can send. My freinds enjoy telling me that my fancy smancy phone can't receive mms until I say send it in an email. Then they shut up. If they have email on the crap phone it is too difficult to use so they won't.
Of course I'll use it if/when it's available. But for the most part I prefer email. Mms is the wave of the PAST.

Bingo! :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR