Restore/Sync to Outlook=double contacts/calendar events geez

jlasserre

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

1st gen iphone,

Update to 3.0, current itunes.

Syncing got me double my contacts (a pair of each individual contact) and the same for my calendar events. Good grief. So today I restored my iphone and backed it up in the hopes that it would clear itself up.

The contacts and calendar are updated over the air which works.

Before I restored I went into Itunes and unchecked "sync calendars with outlook" and "sync contacts with outlook" because, as I am reminded in itunes that "your contacts/calendar are being synched with microsoft exchange over the air". I thought that the redundency was occuring because of it being synced with the computer that I'm on and over the air sync with exchange...

So as I say I restored today in an attempt to clear everything, synced it up and I'm back where I started: double of contacts and calendar events. What should I do?

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me also in hopes that it would sync my Exchange contacts with my home Outlook since a lot of my personal contacts are also on my Exchange due to using a Blackberry for so many years, I ended up just deleting the Exchange account, deleting the contacts that were left and setting up my Exchange again. All dup's were removed.

jlasserre

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That worked thanks and the contacts repopulated themselves over the air after I deleted teh account and all of the contacts. The phone will ask you if you want to delete the contacts and calendar events.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I had double calenders so I went to the mail/contacts/calenders settings on the Phone, went into my mobile me acc. turned off sync calenders then turned it back on and it asked if I wanted to merge the data, I clicked yes and BAM no more double calender.