iPhone doesn't control Bluetooth volume - why ?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I got the Voyager 855 in the mail yesterday ( it's actually broken but I tweeked it a little and it's working for now ). I have never used a Bluetooth headset with iPhone OS 3.0 and I noticed that I can't control the volume from my phone. I have to from my headset. Where the volume bar is , it says the name of the headset and the bluetooth logo.

The control on the headset is distrupive. It makes a beeping noise while blocking out the sound of the person or music I'm playing.

Does anyone know why this is like that and if I can change it ?

Thanks.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I think this is just how it works. I've been using a pair of S9-HDs since March on 3.0 and was never able to control the volume on the iPhone.

Last edited:

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
iPhone stereo bluetooth

I've been using Moto S9-HD for a couple of weeks now as well. They are by far the best stereo bluetooth headphones on the market for what it's worth. In response to your question, the iPhone treats audio sent through bluetooth exactly as it does audio through its dock connector. It's only able to send one level of audio which must be altered on the device itself for some reason. I would love to be able to adjust the audio levels on the phone as well but since the dock connector has always handled audio like this, I assume that stereo bluetooth will remain that way as well.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
All of my phones over the years that have had Bluetooth worked in exactly the same way. The Bluetooth headset alters the volume of the audio stream.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner