Saving Files - Help Needed

KiaKaha

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the new iphone allows you to save email attachments or is this still a weak point with the iphone.

Am looking at getting the new S model this week but need to know the answer to above question first.

Thanks

Ned

Savio

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
It depends on the type of attachment, but for most if you press and hold on it, it'll bring up an option to save it.

KiaKaha

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Savio - Many thanks. Most of my attachments will be PDF files so can they now be saved onto the iphone as I know before you couldnt.

Thanks

Ned

Savio

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Ah, PDF files lol. You can't save them directly from mail, but you can store them on the iPhone. There's a GREAT (and I mean great) application called Air Sharing that allows you to store music, movies, PDF's, .doc files, .ppt files, etc. It's actually really easy to use. I'd suggest looking into it. Here is a [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289943355&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]link to it[/URL] in the iTunes App Store.

KiaKaha

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Great thanks and looking at it now. Whats the Pro version they talk about on that page for it, have you tried that.

Thanks

Ned

P.S. Great to see another newbie being able to help when others cant or wont. :)

KiaKaha

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Savio - Once you have the PDFs on there in the air sharing folder I presume you can attach them to emails etc as needed.

Thanks again

Ned

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have not used airshare but I am sure the decription will let you know what options you get with the pro version. Also if you do a search on these forums you will be able to answer most, if not all, of your questions. Good luck and happy hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2