Compass + GPS = Ugh

Avrum68

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Driving along a stretch of highway, with strong 3G signal, my blue locator was stuck, on an intersection, 1-2 miles from where I was driving. This happened once or twice. In general, I find the GPS on my 3GS to much less reliable than on my 3G.

And the compass... my wife, who knows nothing about iPhones, was poking fun about how lost we would be if we used the compass to help us find our location.

So these are two separate issues. 1) My GPS was very unreliable yesterday and today. And the compass which is, at best, a novelty.

Anyone else having these issues?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I just checked gps in my home. I used satelite view. I was able to walk room to room and rhe little blue dot accurately followed me around my hous. I could tell Which room I was in on the map! That is pretty amazing! I also turned on the compass and it accurately showed my direction. The compass doesn't do so well on my car. But gps is still just as accurate. That has been my experience.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
yeah, 3G gps is actually very reliable as chobbs said, i to can find my location throughout houses and various buildings.

ive heard that the appstore compass is more accurate than the 3gs's compass though, i personally havent used it. The gps on 3gs is laggy at times, and not accurate. so i stick with the 3g

Avrum68

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
yeah, 3G gps is actually very reliable as chobbs said....

The gps on 3gs is laggy at times, and not accurate. so i stick with the 3g

Chubbs didn't mention anything about GPS working better on 3G vs 3Gs. Though I find that to be the case. I was just walking down a major street in Montreal & my GPS was always a block or two behind. Should I return the unit? Could this be a hardware issue

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW