3G accelorometer very slow!

grant#IM

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

My iPhone 3g is very, very slow when changing to horizontal mode and also back to vertical. I've really noticed it after I've jailbroken, you think that's the problem? It didn't happen when I jailbroke on 2.1 and upwards!
The lag is so enoying because I really like usuing the horizontal keyboard and coverflow. It's go to the point where I'm holding the phone on it's side for like 10 seconds, then I just give up and use it vertical! Fresh restore needed?

Savio

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
What firmware are you using?

After jailbreaking, if you restore from a back-up, that could very well be the cause of the lag you're seeing. I'd recommend restoring the phone and setting it up as a new phone and syncing back all your information without touching the back-up file. Afterwards try jailbreaking.
Also, if you're using a previous back-up from when you were jailbroken another time, that could also be a factor in the lag you're seeing. When jailbroken, after time the iPhone starts to noticeably slow or lag down.

grant#IM

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm running 3.0 at the moment.
Is there a way of keeping my texts without restoring from back-up, or will they be lost if I restore from new?

Savio

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way of keeping my texts without restoring from back-up, or will they be lost if I restore from new?

They will be lost if you restore as a new phone and the only way that I'm aware of is to back them up. The only other thing I could think of is now that you have copy and paste, you could send them all to yourself. ;)

grant#IM

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
They will be lost if you restore as a new phone and the only way that I'm aware of is to back them up. The only other thing I could think of is now that you have copy and paste, you could send them all to yourself. ;)

there are way to many messages for that, think im going to have to deal with the accelerometer lag untill i can come to terms with loosing all my messages..HA!

Thanks for you help savio!

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I remember reading some posts on this forum about the 3G lagging a little after the 3.0 upgrade. Mine does the same thing, but not 10 seconds worth. More like 5 or so.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site

SSH into your iPhone, or use iPhone Browser and copy out the sms.db file. It can be found in /var/mobile/Library/SMS.

After you JB again, just copy the file back and all of your texts will be restored.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative