Only One Email Signature Available? Correct?

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I have two accounts on my 3GS - work Exchange and personal GMail. As far as I can tell, the iPhone only allows for one signature file. Correct? No choice to have a signature for each email account as those other platforms do? Just making sure I am not missing something.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
One "work around" (if you even want to call it that) is to put both signatures in the signature setting and then use the new cut copy paste to easily select and delete the one you don't want to use with the email you are writing.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Actually - I use my main one (business) and then just cut it out when I am using my GMail (personal) account (c&p is nice on the GS - much better than the Pre or even WM). It is not that big a deal, but a nice-to-have. Thanks.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
What kind of problems did you read about?

I have the 3G, not the 3GS, but I do have OS 3.0 and I have not noticed any problems.

This was on their website FAQ:

"We have found an incompatibility running Signature under iPhone OS 3.0. If you have upgraded to OS 3.0, pressing Test Hot Link in the Edit Hot Link view may cause the application to quit. We have submitted a fix and waiting for Apple approval."

I also read the reviews and one person said it crashed when they tried to use it. Maybe that is just one particular process that you have not done tried yet?

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
This was on their website FAQ:

"We have found an incompatibility running Signature under iPhone OS 3.0. If you have upgraded to OS 3.0, pressing Test Hot Link in the Edit Hot Link view may cause the application to quit. We have submitted a fix and waiting for Apple approval."

I also read the reviews and one person said it crashed when they tried to use it. Maybe that is just one particular process that you have not done tried yet?

The app lets you create these little "hot links" under your signature. So, for example, if you use Facebook or Twitter, you can add these little Facebook and/or Twitter icons under your signature that, when clicked, take you directly to your Facebook or Twitter page. When setting up these "hot links" you can test them from within the app to make sure you typed everything correctly. They are saying that sometimes, when you test them, the app will crash under 3.0.

I don't use hot links, so I haven't noticed that. I just use text-based signatures.

However, they appear to only be saying that it might crash when you test it. That doesn't seem like a big deal.

The app has never crashed for me, but, as I said, I don't use hot links.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Cool - thanks. Can you tell me how it works? There does not seem to be a "walk through" - or if there is, I have not found it. I am in email, typing a message....what do I need to do to add a signature? Close email, open this program and pick one - and then it goes back to email? Thanks.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Leave the e-mail open, but click the "home" button to exit out of mail.

Then, launch Signature, pick your sig, and it will populate the sig into your email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73