Anyone believe there will be more than one iPhone next year?

How many models will be introduced next year?

• Total voters

pguich

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I think 2 new models:

1. Improved 3GS
2. iPhone Nano

Before the iPhone 3GS was announced, I kinda liked the idea of an iPhone Nano. I think this could be introduced without alienating current 3GS customers, and opening a whole new market for Apple.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it. I think we'll see a new one and a price drop in the current.

Unless you count maybe an iphone on a different carrier as more than one, but I don't consider that "new".

smchrist2

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
2 iPhone models next year: pro and regular

i think:

-a pro version: -thicker for more features (like macbook pro vs air)
- 128 GB storage
- 1 GB RAM
- core duo processor
- same screen size just basically thicker
- 8 MP camera
- 480-720p oled screen (maybe 720p for pro and 480p for regular)(or just 480p for both cause of technology and cost)
-same features just faster and more powerful, more storage, better camera etc.......

a regular version- 64 GB
- thinner than current 3GS
- 5 MP camera
- 512 MB RAM
- slower processor than pro, faster than 3GS
- of course new features in new software

thoughts pleasee???

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I think Apple will do what it's been doing the past 3 years, and just drop the price on the 3gS at the time of the new iphone launch. To me Apple seems like they like the supply demand option. They dont seem like the kinda company, who will put out 3-6 different models of a phone like RIM/Blackberry, with over supply. Just my 2 cents. I'm nobody important, I just look at what they have been doing over the past years. You cant walk into a store and buy a 1st gen iphone, and pretty soon you wont be able to with the 3G.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
i think:

-a pro version: -thicker for more features (like macbook pro vs air)
- 128 GB storage
- 1 GB RAM
- core duo processor
- same screen size just basically thicker
- 8 MP camera
- 480-720p oled screen (maybe 720p for pro and 480p for regular)(or just 480p for both cause of technology and cost)
-same features just faster and more powerful, more storage, better camera etc.......

a regular version- 64 GB
- thinner than current 3GS
- 5 MP camera
- 512 MB RAM
- slower processor than pro, faster than 3GS
- of course new features in new software

thoughts pleasee???

hm, the pro, i don't see that happening...well pretty much until 2019 as someone else said, lol

the regular version as u call it, MAYBE, but thinner than it already is?

do you really want all those specs on the same, if not smaller battery? can't make a phone that thin without sacrificing battery power.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Those specs are only 3-4 years away with the speed technology is advancing.

64 GB of storage is possible next year, although much more than 32 gigabytes on a cell phone is not necessary in my opinion, I'd rather see them focus on putting more memory and a faster processor.

the 3GS has 256 mb now, 512 should be possible 1-2 years from now, and 1 gig should follow in the next 2-4 years. Think what would be possible with that kind of memory!

It's got a 600mhz processor now, and the company that builds the chip will have a dual processor out this time next year, ten years from now who knows what the iphone and other high end phones will have? Just think back what cell phones were like in 1999 compared to now, and technology advances faster and faster all the time. I think the limitations will come in the form of battery and cooling issue's, although I believe those issue's will be solved by then. I can just hear someone saying back in 2005 with their cell phone with 32mb of internal storage saying it'll be ten years before phones have 16 GB of storage:D

Now as far as things like HD video, OLED screens, and 8MP cameras, other phones already have those features, in my opinion apple will be falling behind if they don't at least catch up to those specs in 2010. The hardware gets cheaper and smaller by the year, and they can easily add a larger lens with a flash with a case re-design next year. And I know it's not all about MP, but it sure is when you zoom in on a picture. Some additional camera features like image stabilization should be added too as the iphone has to be held dead steady so pics and video don't become blurred.

With so many apps using pictures and video, and future possibilities of things like augmented reality >> YouTube - iPhone Augmented Reality Navigation
A better camera would be nice. The competition is not sitting still.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd only want more MP in a camera if it helps in delivering HD video recording...but i'm thinking that's not the case. Those 8MP though will not result in better pics..instead they'll look worse. It will result in bigger files, more processing, etc.

There's other things you should be wanting in terms of new hardware/features. This isn't one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77