Do you use the spotlight search feature?

Do you use spotlight search?

• Yes

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 49.0%
  • Not yet, but I plan to.

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I think I'd have changed the survey just a tad, to include a "rarely, but it's nice to have' option.

I said No, but the truth is it's nice to know I can search if I need to.

BerkeyC

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I have used Spotlight several times since upgrading to 3.0. While it is not used every day, it is sure handy when I can't find what I am looking for. I have 502 contacts in my list and sometimes it seems easier to use Spotlight to put in the first few letters of the name and let it find the contact for me.

Ditto. I find Spotlight useful mostly for that reason. Just seems easier to scroll over and key in the first few letters. Haven't used it for emails/songs yet though.

croush

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Very rarely..

I take great care in organizing my apps by function, so it's quicker to scroll to them than to use spotlight.

The only function it serves on my iPhone (aside from a bit of lag at accidental scrolls to it) is to impress and entertain. If I know I'm looking for a calendar entry, I'll search through the calendar itself. Yes, that's probably an implementation of the spotlight feature, but I'd echo fellow commentators that an option to disable the home screen search might be nice.

CoryJP

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
you know whats funny the more apps and emails i get the more i use spotlight.. very very useful tool !!

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I previously voted no, but since this thread I have been noticing more and more occasions that I can use it. For instance, I have 3 email addresses all feeding into the mail client. I needed info out of an email today but couldn't remember which mailbox it was in. Flipped over to Spotlight, typed in the senders name, and BAM! there it was.

InvaderekiM

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
i have categories and spotlight does NOT find any of the hidden apps so i dont really use it although its cool but quickgold does find the hidden ones

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I rarely use it. The only time I really use it is when I am not sure where I have a song on my iPod and want to find it quickly. Other than that it usually just makes me upset when I swipe too many times and have to flip back to my home screen.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
ok i see alot of ppl talking about how can i deactivate the spotlight feature or can i take it off my phone. my question is why? whats your problem with it? just ignore it, is not using your battery, is not in the main screen, is not using any space in the phone at all, so why? is like having a spare tire in your trunk and wanning to get rid of it, i really don t get it but the day you`ll need it and if you are smart you`ll use it why go to your email account and search for a specific email when you can search it in spotlight and find it in seconds or search for a contact out of 200 contacts fliping your finger on the screen when you can do the same only a lot faster in spotlight is like driving you car around the block to get to the street over when you can walk across the fence well i dont know:confused: but you guys should give the thing a try it really works

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Because it is in the way. I accidentally bring up spotlight search at least 15 times a day. It is annoying.

juls1585

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
i was using it around my best friends wedding because it made finding things a bit easier but since thats passed i havent. its almost annoying now

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Once I got use to using it, I use it all the time now... Spotlight makes finding contacts easy, especially since I have everybody listed as their name but associated with their company, or nickname. This way I can use a real name but search for a nickname, also finding apps is easy using spotlight. I have not used it for emails, but also with the iPod it's easy...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW