What to do before selling on ebay?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm going to be putting my iphone 3g 8gb iphone on ebay. How do I clear out everything I don't need anymore, as well as keeping my playlist in itues, apps, and wallpaper/ringtones for my new iphone? Any help would be appreciated. Also how do I "unlock" it so that someone can use it on a different carrier if they want to. Thanks for the help~Chris

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
First you need to sync your phone with itunes to make sure you back up all of your settings.

Second, go to Settings> General> Reset on your iPhone and select "Erase All Content and Settings"

After this is done, follow the link below to Jailbreak and Unlock your iPhone. This will help you get the most $ out of selling it.
http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/ipho...icial-tipb-3-0-how-guides-inside-updated.html

When you plug in your new phone to iTunes, you can restore all of your settings from your previous iPhone.

Hope this helps.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks man, i'm going to put in the auction if you want the phone jail broken, email me. Does that sound like a good idea? Also when I buy the new 3gs does the person at AT&T just remove my sim card and put it into the new one or how does the sim cards work?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
What's the difference between jail broken and unlocked? And should I install the cydia or icy?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I would unlock it before you list it. It will fetch more $. Before you send it to the buyer, remove your sim card. They will install their sim card.

Jailbreak is "hacking" your phone to add apps and settings that Apple doesn't provide. Unlocking is removing the carrier lock off of the phone. This allows the iPhone to be used with other carriers.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I would unlock it before you list it. It will fetch more $. Before you send it to the buyer, remove your sim card. They will install their sim card.

Jailbreak is "hacking" your phone to add apps and settings that Apple doesn't provide. Unlocking is removing the carrier lock off of the phone. This allows the iPhone to be used with other carriers.

Is there any way to just unlock it without jailbreaking or no? anyone?

Last edited:

ssaifull#IM

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
First you need to sync your phone with itunes to make sure you back up all of your settings.

Second, go to Settings> General> Reset on your iPhone and select "Erase All Content and Settings"

After this is done, follow the link below to Jailbreak and Unlock your iPhone. This will help you get the most $ out of selling it.

When you plug in your new phone to iTunes, you can restore all of your settings from your previous iPhone.

Hope this helps.

my question... after you sync and back up your iphone, then you reset all data and settings, how do you then go and jailbreak/unlock it? I understand how to (my current iphone 3g is jailbroken/unlocked) but won't the phone after the reset ask you to connect it to itunes, and then when you do that it will end up synching all that personal data again?

TIA and sorry for the n00b question

ssaifull

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2