Mobile me email

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Man I hate mobile me email limits 200 emails in 24 emails and 200 reciepents in 24hrs i'm in a email
group of friends and we email
heavy... Anybody have any word on when u will b able to use mobile me aliases on iPhone?

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
I've never heard of this limit but it might explain why my SMTP server stopped working this morning. I use my account for work, currently have about 80 people I'm working with directly. So if I need to contact them 3 times a day I can't? I'm surprised I don't run into this more often, but it would make sense now because I've been sending out a lot of new information in the last 2 days.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Found the relevant spot on Apple's site for this:
MobileMe: Email account specifications

Apparently it's 200 emails a day and 1,000 recipients, which is a little more reasonable.

Also:
100 recipients per message
20MB limit per message

yea but i am in an email group of 10 people i send 100 emails to them in our email group and im done til the mobile me servers reset

i mean i can understand the limits if this was a ummmmmm FREE email service hahaha but im paying for it and they can have limits for them to come check me out to see if im spamming but not to cut me off for the day! if they would just allow aliases on iphone it would solve this for me

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you're sending 100 different emails per day? if it's truly an email group you'll be sending 100 emails to 1 recipient each time and not getting back every one again. (i.e. yahoo groups)

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
no its not 100 emails each.. its a 100 emails total.. its 1000 recipients so thats 100 reply all emails sent.. and to get thru the work day of 8 hours thats 12 emails an hour.. thats not alot espicially if we have a good sports topic going