Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default e-mail won't delete on iphone???

Hello,
    I started to have a problem with my e-mail on the iphone. On both my work Exchange account and my Yahoo count, I cannot delete e-mails on the phone. When I first got it, I hit the garbage can icon on the bottom and it deleted the e-mail. Now, when I press the garbage can icon in either account, nothing happens. Did I accidentally change some setting? Please help me out on how to correct this if you can. I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    iMore Guru

As we do not what your setting are perhaps just deleting the mailbox and setting it up again will help
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

The exchange account was a bit of a pain, but I guess I can write the settings down and redo it. Any idea why it might just randomly start doing this?
    Thanks much,
    Pat
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Interestingly now, I am able to delete using the edit tab on the top right, selecting the message, then hitting delete. The garbage can icon on the bottom while inside a message still does not work. Any ideas???

Pat