Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default e-mail won't delete on iphone???

Hello,
    I started to have a problem with my e-mail on the iphone. On both my work Exchange account and my Yahoo count, I cannot delete e-mails on the phone. When I first got it, I hit the garbage can icon on the bottom and it deleted the e-mail. Now, when I press the garbage can icon in either account, nothing happens. Did I accidentally change some setting? Please help me out on how to correct this if you can. I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we do not what your setting are perhaps just deleting the mailbox and setting it up again will help
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The exchange account was a bit of a pain, but I guess I can write the settings down and redo it. Any idea why it might just randomly start doing this?
    Thanks much,
    Pat
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly now, I am able to delete using the edit tab on the top right, selecting the message, then hitting delete. The garbage can icon on the bottom while inside a message still does not work. Any ideas???

Pat