The 3G S - Can it share calendar and contacts with multiple computers?

Deluxe

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
I am considering buying a 3G S, but I have one reservation.

I need to be able to be able to sync the contacts and appointments on Outlook on my works PC onto my phone, then sync the phone with my Mac at home and vice versa. This is something I take for granted with my current Sony Ericsson phone using the Sony Ericsson PC suite and iSync on the Mac and something I very much rely on for my job.

Can this be done on an iPhone 3G S?

Connection with the works Exchange server is not possible according to the guys in the IT department, so I will have to be able to connect the phone via USB and sync it that way.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Deluxe

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Am I to take 60+ views and no reply as a 'no'?

I thought as much. I've been looking into it, and the only solution appears to be an elaborate setup where you sync your works Outlook calendar with Google Calendar, then sync your iPhone and iCal with that. All I wanted to be able to do is connect-sync at work then connect-sync at home like I do now, but it looks like I'm asking too much.

Think I'll stick to Sony Ericssons.

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Or get mobile me. I have everything from my work computer and my home computer on my phone. I do not however have info from my work computer on my home computer. Not sure if that will work.

Deluxe

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Haha. You can use it as a spirit level, but it won't do the basic stuff that a free phone will do. Oh dear. Thanks for the help Chobbs.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
That was weird??? Not sure what you mean, but good luck anyway Also I do not have to hook the phone up to anything. It gets all of my needed updates over the air...instantly! What a great device!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2