Gokivo + Incase + GPS Performance

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I had an LG Dare and the turn by turn navigation was great. With my iPhone and Gokivo, the GPS performance is awful. Since my Incase hard case is covering the silver ring (where the antenna supposedly is), will GPS tracking improve caseless? Anyone else experience a problem like this? I'll try some more testing tomorrow on my mini road trip.

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, removing the case doesn't seem to make a difference. Gokivo constantly thinks I'm not on a road and doesn't update the directions quickly after turning. I'm not sure if it's the GPS in my phone or if this is just typical, but i'm really dissapointed compared to the turn by turn navigation on my LG Dare.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
If it is a GS, take it back. There was another post on here about one of the users having issues with the compass and the GPS. He returned it to an Apple store and he said the new unit worked properly.

Maybe there is a small failure rate of the GPS units in the devices. They are electronic devices, after all.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
The gps on my phone without the turn by turn software works great. Is that the case with your phone? Does the problem only happen in that application? If your gps is faulty take it in to have it replaced. If it is just an application problem. Then please make that known so others will not buy the same app and also contact the developers of said app and have them help with the problem.

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Update: on my way to the Apple store, I tried using Gokivo with wifi turned on and off. With wifi turned on (but not even connected to a network) the GPS worked great. With wifi turned off, the GPS had no idea what road I was on. At the Apple store, the guy went through my settings and agreed it might be a hardware issue. I made a genius bar appoinment for tomorrow at lunch.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think Its a gokivo problem based on what you've said. Di you ever try the GPS without the third party??? When troubleshooting one should always rule out the most obvious first.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Copy that! Then I would reinstall software if that didn't work then I would take it back and have it replaced. Good luck!!!

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I told them the GPS only worked with the wifi on. The phone was swapped out for a new one with pretty much no questions asked. Cool! The GPS on the new one appears to be working much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2