Best Insurance Company for a 3GS?

mbonocore

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I got the 3GS when it came out, and now I am shopping around for an insurance plan, because if something happens to this phone, I will be SOL cause I can't buy a new one for $500+

I saw Best Buy is offering a plan that covers everything for $15 a month. Seems steep, but if it covers EVERYTHING, it would give me some piece of mind. Is there any other 3rd party companies I should be looking at that would also cover everything? (ie:liquid damage, cracked screens, cracked casing, etc)

Thanks!

Coffeeman

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
The best that I've found is Square Trade. They are owned by E-Bay. They pay replacement cost (out of contract cost), with no deductible. The only thing not covered is loss or theft.

Mine is insured for $600, which is what it would cost to replace.

Do a Google search for "Square Trade Coupons" and you can save at least 20% off their quoted price. I paid $120.00 for a three year warranty

GreenLightJerky

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Wow SquareTrade looks great! Will that also cover cracked screens?

They have an extra Accidental Damage rider you can add to protect against water and physical damage(not sure if this covers just a cracked screen).
The best thing to do is check with your insurance agent first about covering your Personal Computer (not cell phone, iphone has cell phone features).
State Farm (california) is giving me an awesome rate to protect them under a personal articles policy, which covers everything except intentional damage with no deductible. You generally need another policy with the insurance company to get a PAP. If not get squaretrade, they are the best (have 2 years left on my policy with accidental damage rider)

mbonocore

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys for the great recommendation! I just got a 2 year plan for $96 that includes the accidental damage waiver. I can now sleep better knowing my pricey little 3gs is protected!

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm insured through Liberty Mutual @ 19 bucks a year.

50 dollar deductible.

If anything happens, lost, theft, damage, its covered so I thought that was a pretty sweet deal.

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
They have an extra Accidental Damage rider you can add to protect against water and physical damage(not sure if this covers just a cracked screen).
The best thing to do is check with your insurance agent first about covering your Personal Computer (not cell phone, iphone has cell phone features).
State Farm (california) is giving me an awesome rate to protect them under a personal articles policy, which covers everything except intentional damage with no deductible. You generally need another policy with the insurance company to get a PAP. If not get squaretrade, they are the best (have 2 years left on my policy with accidental damage rider)

Same thing here, added to my StateFarm homeowners policy.:cool:

cvbcvb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
What about this Joint?

I called AAA (who I have for Home Insurance) and they said no go for any iPhone Loss or Damage Policy. They will cover for Theft though.

What about these guys? Anyone have any experience?:

----------------------------------

iphonereplacementservices.net

iPhone Insurance Vs. The Competition
12 FAQ'S ABOUT iPHONE COVERAGE

Only Wireless Wardrobe covers lost, stolen, liquid & physical damage!

We are the original iPhone Protection Services Company on the net.

Do not be fooled by those that say they can "insure or warranty" your iPhone.

We have taken all the guess work out of getting the coverage your iPhone deserves.

Your replacement iPhone will be NEW IN BOX, just as if you purchased it from the store.

Geek Squad: "Tested" refurbished parts are virtually as good as new." Yeah Right!!

Only Wireless Wardrobe Inc. covers your iPhone even AFTER 30 days from activation.

Squaretrade.com will only "warranty" your iPhone within 30 days of purchase.

CompCoach.com charges $50-$100 per claim and ships you refurbished iPhones.

InsureYourPhone.com only offers coverage in "select Florida counties."

Claims can be processed easily on our website, no need to wait on HOLD!

Your replacement will be received in 3-5 days, Guaranteed!

12 month complete coverage: $89.99
24 month complete coverage: $119.99
36 month complete coverage: $149.99

Insure your SmartPhone

THERE WILL BE A 60 DAY PROBATIONARY PERIOD FOR EACH NEW INSURANCE CUSTOMER TO PREVENT FRAUDULENT CLAIMS FROM PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS RESULTING IN DAMAGE PRIOR TO PURCHASING OUR INSURANCE COVERAGE.

--------------------------------

They appear to be located in Michigan - not sure I trust any Insurance outfit located in Michigan... ;)

CVB

rosselliot

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Office Depot has insurance for iphones and it's pretty much no questions asked so I hear. I just have a personal articles insurance on mine through state farm...along with all my photography equipment for my business.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I called AAA (who I have for Home Insurance) and they said no go for any iPhone Loss or Damage Policy. They will cover for Theft though.

CVB

whats stoppin u from sayin ur phone was stolen when it was jus lost or damaged?

Rynology

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This is great. I always forget to insuring the phone as all my others have been insured through the phone company. I definitely need to check into this.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'll take the hit... I am not paying near $100 to cover. Nothing has ever happened to any of my iPhones... in fact, when I've sold them, the buyers have complemented me on the condition I've kept them in.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
For me, it made more sense to go with Square Trade, which is cheaper, since I'm 2 hours away from the nearest Apple store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2