Is the 3gS finally the greatest phone????

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I've been an iphone addict since the day it hit the streets. Over the past 3 years I've heard from friends, Co-workers, people on the street, people in restaurants, etc...that they will never get the iphone. "It's all hype and it cant do anything". My question to them and to everyone now that the iphone 3gS is out is.......what do you have to say now? The 3gS does everything the other smartphones do now, not only does it do it, but FASTER, and BETTER. I've heard, "my free phone does video recording"......well the 3gS does now too, and we can edit. I've heard "I can copy and paste", well the 3gS does now too. I've heard "I have a better camera", well the 3gS does now too. I've heard "my phone is faster than yours"...please dont get me started on the processor speed (SUPER FAST). I've loved every iphone from day 1 but, i truly believe that this can now officially be called THE GREATEST DEVICE!!!!! Video recording (with edit), SPEED, the best and biggest app store on the market, the best design on the market, and I'm only talking about a 10th of what the 3gS can do. I've only covered the things I've always heard when people debate with me on how their Black Berries, G1, WinMo, Palm phones are better. I'm sorry, but I believe and it's only my opinion that the 3g S is truly, without a doubt, no questions asked the GREATEST DEVICE to date.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Sigh....

It aint all that fast...
the camera still sucks
video recording aint new
the app store is 99% trash
design is subjective

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sigh....

It aint all that fast...
the camera still sucks
video recording aint new
the app store is 99% trash
design is subjective

Negative much? You don't actually own the phone so let me chime in here.

- It is all that fast.

- Camera is actually pretty good.

- Not new no but show me a cell phone that does it better. You can't.

- Saying the app store is 99% trash, a bit high don't you think?

- Wish they improved design - but I can live with it with all of the internal improvements.

Just don't take my word for it either, take a look at all of the people who are happy with the phone: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-forum/173166-so-you-have-your-iphone-3g-s-happy-not-happy.html

And to answer the OP's question, greatest phone? Depends on you and your needs honestly. Like the poster above me, he obviously doesn't think so but he doesn't actually own the device. To each his/her own. There is no denying that it is a great phone.

Last edited:

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
you still cant multi task on the iphone, well apple seems to think its ok to play music and do other things.. but you cant run two apps at once...

don't get me wrong the iphone is a nice phone, but the longer i have it the more the lack of multi tasking gets under my skin..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
you still cant multi task on the iphone, well apple seems to think its ok to play music and do other things.. but you cant run two apps at once...

don't get me wrong the iphone is a nice phone, but the longer i have it the more the lack of multi tasking gets under my skin..

While I understand that, I also understand that there is not another phone out there that multitasks perfectly. I think Apple has this mind frame that if they can't perfect it... they don't want it. Which could work out good for them or it may hurt them.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With PNS there isn't a lot of need for multitasking except when you are interrupted by a text or call and need to reply/answer immediately.
And in most cases with calls you are returned to the app you were just in before the call.

Anyway I do think the 3G S is the best as well. It is the best value for money, the best technology combined into one device, the best application database without a doubt.. It's just great. IMO the 3G S is the 3G without lag, and it greatly improved the user experience!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I too feel this to be the best phone I have ever owned. For me it isn't just about what I can do, it is about how beatifully it does what it can do. I have had phones that shot video, never used it. Why? It was not easy to use or more importantly, easy to share! I've had phones that do e-mail but rarely used it. Why? Because it hard to set up and cumbersome to use. And I have had many more feature that were available but never used because of HOW they were implemented.

The Iphone has,for me, the best user interface I have ever come accross. Not only is it intuitive but it is beautiful. It's a joy to use.

At the end of the day it is still just a phone and I can honestly survive without the IPhone but I don't want to.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
While I understand that, I also understand that there is not another phone out there that multitasks perfectly. I think Apple has this mind frame that if they can't perfect it... they don't want it. Which could work out good for them or it may hurt them.

if its ok to play music and do other things there is no reason they cant allow at least two apps at once. im sure running a chat app takes less resources then playing music. allowing dozens of apps at once, yeah that would drag the phone down. but allowing two at once there is no reason not two.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
if its ok to play music and do other things there is no reason they cant allow at least two apps at once. im sure running a chat app takes less resources then playing music. allowing dozens of apps at once, yeah that would drag the phone down. but allowing two at once there is no reason not two.

I'm sure they have their reasons why they won't allow it. Sadly, I can't give you the answer. :eek:

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I too feel this to be the best phone I have ever owned. For me it isn't just about what I can do, it is about how beatifully it does what it can do. I have had phones that shot video, never used it. Why? It was not easy to use or more importantly, easy to share! I've had phones that do e-mail but rarely used it. Why? Because it hard to set up and cumbersome to use. And I have had many more feature that were available but never used because of HOW they were implemented.

The Iphone has,for me, the best user interface I have ever come accross. Not only is it intuitive but it is beautiful. It's a joy to use.

At the end of the day it is still just a phone and I can honestly survive without the IPhone but I don't want to.

This^^ is exactly true for me as well.. Sure a lot of other phones have some of the same features but NONE of them make it as much of a joy to use as Apple does on the iPhone.. I use all the features on the iPhone especially email and video recording just because its so fun to use on it...

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
This^^ is exactly true for me as well.. Sure a lot of other phones have some of the same features but NONE of them make it as much of a joy to use as Apple does on the iPhone.. I use all the features on the iPhone especially email and video recording just because its so fun to use on it...

I agree. Apple wraps their phones up in greatness. Sure I could get another ppc or pre or g1 but none of them really make things easy, simple, and fun all at the same time. And for you crazy ppc or htc lovers out there, don't get started on how your phone is just as easy to install apps as the iphone...it isn't as easy. the end.

Everything on the iphone is easy and intuitive. There is nothing I would change. I don't want multitasking because I don't want my battery drained every 4 hours. The new 3.0 is great and gives me everything i could ask for....except skinning but that is what jailbreaking is for.