A2DP and Car-kits

Anand1511

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I am not able to stream music from my iPhone to my car stereo?

I have updated to iPhone OS 3.0 last night. However I am unable to stream music to my car stereo even though my car has factory installed integrated bluetooth (Nissan Qashqai Tekna).

Is it because my car bluetooth not A2DP ready? If so can I upgrade it and how?

Thanks.

FiveBody

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I can't get my Bluetooth speakers to work with OS3.0 either. But works when I use my Sony BT adapter. Speakers and adapter both ver 2.0 A2DP

Anand1511

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
So does it mean my car speakers which has got integrated BT for telephone is not actually A2DP ready?

And when you say bluetooth speakers do you mean you car speakers? Thanks.

Last edited:

Anand1511

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Probably it doesn't...So its not just enough to have a factory installed bluetooth in yoor car for answering mobile, it does need to support A2DP...right?

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
That is most likely correct. Most cars with bluetooth only utilize it for answering calls. Playing music using A2DP is a newer thing. I believe it offers better frequency response as well, so even if you could use your car's bluetooth for playing music, the sound quality would probably be awful. I don't know which, if any, cars support A2DP. My guess is you most likely need to replace your head unit with an aftermarket one to get that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73