how many of you replaced the battery on your iphone 2g?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I just bought one that is about 2 years old so i am sure that the battery is on its way out. I see that it does not look that easy to replace it. How many of you have done it and was it that bad???

what is the best battery replacement to get? cheapest place to get it?

thanks

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I believe the only battery you can replace it with are OEM batteries. They don't have any 3rd party manufactures. OEM meaning it is an official Apple battery. Some wholesale parts places will sell them or you can just get one from ifixit.com and site like that. The battery is soldered inside so you will need some soldering skill and the iPhone crams a lot into a tiny space so the level of difficulty is a little high. Depending on how much the replacement costs, it might just be worth it to go ahead and upgrade your iphone if you can get the subsidized pricing.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i am not sure about the battery. the seller never stated anything, and he is very reputable. I was jsut asking in case i have to do it. i woudl deff try it before i bought a new one. If i decide that i like the iphone more then my bold and i want to stick with it, i will most likley sell them both for a 3g anyway...

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2