Bottom half of screen not working!

skaliam

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
before i start, yes i have tried to power on/off and a full restore and still nothing happens.
basically i have a bit of a dilema.
i bought my iphone 2g off ebay, where the guy had bought it from america and i am in the uk. obviously my warrenty has run out. i had to jailbreak my iphone to use it.
i have seen that apple do an "Out-Of-Warrenty" replacement scheme that costs ?146.13, and was wondering if i completely restored my iphone without jailbreaking it, would apple go through with the replacement service here in the uk, or would i have to go through the american apple service?

or am i completly screwed?

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I believe they were prone to the issue as well. It was just more common on the 4GB. If a restore doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately you got taken on that deal bud. With respect to the warranty service, if you really want to get it serviced check locally first, it can't hurt anything. If I were you though, I wouldn't waste the money on it and just upgrade to a newer iphone whether it be the 3G or 3GS. See if you can get a refund on ebay if you want to go through the hassle.

skaliam

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
well i bought the fone back in jan, so ive had it quite a while now. so its not the guy that sold it 2 me.
and i cant get an upgrade because it doesnt run out till sept/nov. also im with t-mobile not o2.
ill give the apple store a try tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73