iPhone 3.0 OS too much trouble for my iPhone 2G, Battery drain and too hot

alamgir314

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
About two days ago I upgraded my 2G iPhone to latest 3.0 Firmwire sucessfully, but in last two days I noticed that with 8 hours of battery charge, my battery lasts for only about 3-4 hours and that's without really using it. Yesterday and today around 1PM my battery died when I was at work. And also it gets too hot. I don't know what's going on, does anyone have any idea? Thank you.

inajib

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
battery drains quickly and gets too got !

Hey i have the same problem :S ! when i play need for speed , i get it if its getting hotter cuz its a big game on an iphone but..its been like over 3 hrs and its still too Hot..even when i wana make a call my ears feel the phone extremly hot..! MY concern is is that Bad for the 2G..cud this lead to something bigger than this problem :S shud i goo back to 2.2.1 b4 i loose the phone !!

plz someone reply back..

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm running a 2G with OS 3.0. I noticed some heat following the upgrade and jailbreaking, but not so much now. Battery life is similar to the previous OS. You might want to power down and turn back on.

alamgir314

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
resolved battery problem

I think I found the reason why my battery was drained. I followed this "Optimize Your Settings" and now my iphone's battery is not draining anymore or even getting hot. I think the main problem was with the location service since iphone 2g doesn't have gps in it, so I turned it off. And since then all is good. thank you all...

Code:
apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
shud i goo back to 2.2.1 b4 i loose the phone !!

Unfortunately, that is not an option. When you upgraded to 3.0, you also upgraded your baseband with the newest version. The newest baseband version doesn't work with 2.2.1, and cannot be downgraded.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711