I bought a Pre. Debating the iPhone

AdidasNYR

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Let me ask you guys this. I bought a Pre at launch. Im worried about 3d rich graphics on the phone. Dont seem to be there.

So I bought a 3g for 99 bux just to see how it was thinking if I kept it I would exchange for the 3gs.

Honestly the OS and notifications are better on the Pre but I like how the iPhone has so much 3rd party support. Also I like the graphic accelerated apps on the iPhone.

While I was testing both phones I noticed on Wifi that both phones showed awesome video from youtube etc. When I would get on their respective data networks though the Pre still displayed video just as good. Thing looks like HD.

The iPhone. Looked like craaaaap.

Is this a setting somewhere i could change or does the iPhone not display video as nice in 3g mode?

I mean its a huge difference. I couldnt find any settings anywhere in you tube to change the quality to what you get on WiFi.

Thanks ahead for answering my questions.

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
At least on the 3g...not sure on the 3GS. I think it has a lot to do with network speed, on some wifi networks video looks terrible and
others it's great... Same on 3g, at home it looks like crap, but if I go to new York or Philly it is actually better

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
The pre has a smaller screen and the 480x320 pixel resolution and higher pixel density thus even though the resolution is the same as the Iphone 3gs it looks better on the pre.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's more of a AT&T issue rather than the iPhone itself. The iPhone can handle video and graphics just fine. Some mention pixel density but for me personally I'd prefer the larger screen. If you like multimedia and a ton of apps, then the iPhone is for you - hands down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal