Qs about switching to 3G S

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the US with AT&T and a current 3G. My 3G S will get here someday soon (2-day shipping seems to mean "we'll still send it whenever we feel like it" to Apple), and I'm foggy on how to switch to the new phone. I've never had a SIM phone before. Do I take the old SIM out and put it in the new phone or just plug the 3G S into my computer and it will say "do you want to activate this phone instead of your old one" (or similar)? Added to this mix, I want to keep my 3G and use it as an "iPod touch" for gaming and jogging and such; do I just leave it in airplane mode for that to work, or is there some trick to it? If someone could spell out the steps for doing this, I would be very grateful.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I've read elsewhere that each time you activate an iPhone like that, it activates a new 2-year contract. Fact or crap?

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
If you purchased the 3GS for the new subsidized price, you will be renewing your contract. If activation is the same as the Apple store, you just hook your new 3GS to itunes and it activates automatically. They have a sim card in them that should already be associated with your account. Just hook it to itunes and off you go. Your old sim will become inactive and you can remove it from the 3G or leave it in. Either way it's not going to hurt anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711