A few questions
Hey guys, new to the iPhone 3GS and have a few quick questions:
1) Is there anyway to turn off the sound the phone makes after I send a text message?
2) I have a lot of TV shows downloaded from torrents on my computer that I would like to move onto my iPhone and place under "TV shows". However when I try it always puts them under "Movies" instead. Is there a way I can get these files under the "TV Shows" section where they belong?
3) Is there an option to have a thumbnail pic of each contact displayed along side the name of the contact when I scroll through the contacts section of the phone?
4) Does pressing the center button to exit out of an application have any different effect on the battery life than doing a proper exit or log out of an application?
Thanks for any help guys!
Last edited by swoosh1014; 06-21-2009 at 01:15 PM.
- 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM #2iPhone Newbie
- 40 Posts
1. There is no setting to change outgoing texts, only incoming texts. If you have the silent switch on, it should not make any noise.
2. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to get them under "TV Shows" either. It seems that this is only for shows downloaded from iTunes.
3. Not at the moment.
4. Pressing the center or Home button is the proper way to exit applications. Applications do not run in the background and the process is killed automatically to save battery life. This is why apple is introducing push notifications. It allows the application to shut down on the phone while keeping a connection to the server wirelessly so that if you get a notification, you will still receive it.
- 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM #3
2. Here's how:
First they must be in an iTunes supported format (MP4 H.264) and loaded into iTunes.
By default, all video opened in iTunes goes into Movies, just pick the one(s) you want to change
Get Info on them (cmd-i on Mac, ctrl-i on PC)
Go to the Options tab
Change Type to TV Show
- 06-21-2009, 03:20 PM #4