Suggestions for heat please

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
A little history. I am not allowed to bring my personal cell phone into work, so I have to leave it in my car. I live in Florida and we have been experiencing temperatures from 95?F to 98?F with heat indices anywhere from 105?F to 110?F. I put my cell phone in the console box between the drivers and passengers seat, last friday when I came out my phone had a message on it stating iPhone needed to cool down before it could be used. I started wrapping my phone in a large microfiber cloth and that helped all week. I got the same message today.

iPhoneUpload-4.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about a small igloo cooler with one of those frozen gel blocks and putting my phone in that, but I'm concerned about condensation and humidity.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
maybe if you put your phone in a zip lock bag before you put it in the cooler, to keep the moisture out. i would just leave the phone at home though.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
maybe if you put your phone in a zip lock bag before you put it in the cooler, to keep the moisture out. i would just leave the phone at home though.

40 minute drive to and from, that is the whole point of getting a cell Phone in the first place. My entire drive is through rural areas, don't much feel like walking 5-10 miles if I break down or have a wreck.

itoine

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
woah ive never seen that on my phone before. and mine gets hot when im on the internet for a long period of time or watching youtube videos etc. and when i have it on the charger and trying to talk on it at the same time or text. but ive still never gotten that. i really hate that it gets hot like that but i guess because of the plastic back you kinda have to expect that unless you have a case maybe.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
A little history. I am not allowed to bring my personal cell phone into work, so I have to leave it in my car. I live in Florida and we have been experiencing temperatures from 95?F to 98?F with heat indices anywhere from 105?F to 110?F. I put my cell phone in the console box between the drivers and passengers seat, last friday when I came out my phone had a message on it stating iPhone needed to cool down before it could be used. I started wrapping my phone in a large microfiber cloth and that helped all week. I got the same message today.

iPhoneUpload-4.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about a small igloo cooler with one of those frozen gel blocks and putting my phone in that, but I'm concerned about condensation and humidity.

Leave at home...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow where do you work? I work on an army base and our building has extra security and no phones are allowed, but they check cell phones at the front desk.

Get a cheap cell phone with no camera for work.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Wow where do you work? I work on an army base and our building has extra security and no phones are allowed, but they check cell phones at the front desk.

Get a cheap cell phone with no camera for work.

I work in a prison, we don't check phones at the front gate. Why would I want to carry a cheap cell phone when I have an iPhone? I understand what your getting at, but I often leave work and don't necessarily go home right away, I bought an iPhone, cause that is the phone I want to use. If I could live with a cheap cell phone....I wouldn't have had to buy the new iPhone yesterday ;)

I am looking for options on how to keep the phone cooler, while it sits in my car. If I use a cooler and a frozen gel block, what are some ways I could combat moisture?

Wrap it in a paper towel and put it in a ziplock bag full of rice? Put some damp rid in the cooler with it?

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
just power the phone off while you are in work and don't power it up until your car has cooled off. if its turned off the heat should not be a problem, the only concern is the battery, i would think high temps like that will over time shorten the battery life. as far as the cooler and the zip lock bag, put the phone in an old sock and them in the zip lock, but i don't think moisture is going to be that much of a problem.