Text Message custom ring?

DMB247

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I SSHed into it but I could not fine the place to add it. There should be a system file under the Root directory but I was unable to find it. Did it change from the 3GS

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
A&M all the way! just applied this year, so hopefully ill know for sure if im going by the end of the first semester this year...

I wish apple would do something about this, the only two sounds that you can actually personalize are ringtones and sms, and weve had the same sounds since the original iphone...this is an easy fix for them to idk why they havent done it yet

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to IPhone but once I was directed in the right direction jailbreaking was EASY. I'm on a PC, not sure if there are any file differences on a Mac but run redsn0w if using Windows:
1. Go to Apps Data file
2. Roaming
3. Apple Computer
4. iTunes
5. iPhone Software Update 6. Highlite "IPSW"

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
As far as the original post... Yes you can change your SMS tones. OpenSSH into system/LIBRARY/Audio/UISounds. there are only six available and very easy to find. sms-received1.caf thru sms-received6.caf... Use an editor to create a tone you want. Change it to a *.aiff file save... change original to a caf file. rename to the file in UISounds U want to replace... OpenSSH new file to UISounds... You can overwrite or delete original... MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP EVERYTHING B-4 YOU START... I am NOT responsible for **** *** / OH ***** or LOCKED iPhone's.... Best advice.... If YOU DO NOT know what you are doing with openSSH... DO NOTHING AT ALL... LIve wht what you GOT.... Be HAPPY....

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm SORRY, I've heard to that Cydia offers an APP to do this also... I haven't seen it or even looked for it... I changed mine using the above... It's a LITTLE more HANDS ON DOWN AND DIRTY... But that's what I like... I'm a GRUNT from the 60's ERA... We spent a lot of time on our bellies... crawling around the rice patties... That's another time... another story !

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I've downloaded and installed across some ringtones via Itunes. They show up for ringingm but not in the message ring section. is there a way to make these available for text ringing?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
A ring tone mp3, mp4 cannot be converted to caf for sms-received(*).caf You can edit and convert music to caf files. As for as I know there are no APP'S for this. You need to use openSSH and be EXTREMELY CAREFUL.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2