Computer doesn't recognize iphone

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm betting that corrupt drivers are the problem for most people.

I would like to know how many people having this problem jailbreaked their phone and made lots of changes to see if that's a common item or not.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
OK, just pulled my original iPhone out of the desk to try and fix it again. My old iPhone does not recognize the usb connection. It will charge on usb and wall power. The phone is stuck in "Connect to iTunes" mode. I tried all methods in this thread (I have a Mac). I am beginning to think I have a bad 30 pin port. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement port? Willing to try anything at this point. I want to fix this issue and sell my old iPhone to help fund my iPhone 4 purchase.

Dorkerosito

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problem where pc recognized iphone but iTunes for some reason was saying it was a new phone. I was forced to aet up phone as new when it wasnt. There was no back up to use.

vyz

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
hi, i'm sorry for digging this thread up, but my 1st iphone 8Gb has just had the same issue, i cannot connect to my PC with any methods, sometimes i cannot use the home button, too.
but after about 1 day power down, PC recognize it normally, and doesn', and does.
i really confused right now, any one have the same issue?

Hey...
I have been having the same iphone problem as u had, from couple of weeks...!!
It would be really appreciated if u can tell me wat u did to rectify the problem!!
Thank you...

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone or computer connector faulty.
Try to connect your phone with other computer.

------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
So for me this worked like a charm if u have xp running give it a shot

Thank you! Not sure if this helped or not but I figured it couldn't hurt, much. Caveat, if you have other OS's installed make sure you create a backup of this key, you can restore it afterwards. Don't panic when say your Mint installation goes haywire. :eek:

For the sake of posterity: I actually had flaky usb connections and charging was impossible for me so I came upon this thread in my searches. After removing the usb drivers, a few iphone resets and reboots then using Google's iPhoneBrowser (backing up pics but worth mentioning since I have a sneaking suspicion it might have helped), boom! A sync later and it's charging on usb again. Hopefully this helps others searching in the future to solve their usb charging issues.

allenmobis

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
How to not Sync iPhone 4 when i plug it in?

I pointed out that I had not downloaded the correct new version of iTunes to my laptop machine. It is a is a Vista 64 bit machine and i downloaded the 32 bit version of iTunes. When I downloaded the 64 bit version, I was able to sync perfectly. I had to go to my device and choose all the items I wanted to sync within each available tab, i.e. music, photos, podcasts, etc, but it worked like a charm. Be certain to look at a back-up prior to doing this when i discover that a number of of my items wouldn't sync and did a recover to take every thing back through the backup.

Hope it will help anybody else who may be encountering this problem.

Bel

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same problem and fixed it just by going into the device manager in the control panel and clicking on "portable devices" and then update driver software in the iphone driver tab. A couple of minutes and it was working fine.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem before with my iPod. What I did was uninstall everything having to do with iTunes. Then reinstall iTunes and it should work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro