Computer doesn't recognize iphone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
When i plug in my iphone to the laptop the pc doesnt recognize it.
The phone doesnt respond as well, it doesn't charge, neither on the wall charger.
On the pc I get a pop up saying "USB Device not recognized"
I've restarted the pc, i've tried other USB outlets, i've tried on another pc, i've tried different cables, i restarted the iphone... all the tricks in the book basicly. on the apple support page they cant help me.
Does anybody have more tips/tricks????
Oh and it always worked before, this is not a new iphone.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, you said you tried different cables, so perhaps your iphone port has gone bad? It would either be that or the cable, I would think. Doesn't sound like a software issue.

BaileyMac

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem, iTunes and my Mac don't respond to plugging in my 1st generation iPhone. My PC reacts to it as an unknown USB device, I can charge the battery using my ac adapter, but that's it. I can't sync or update or add photos or music etc.
I wonder how many phones are doing this?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone tried to reboot their computers and also switching the usb slot their iPhone is being plugged in to?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone tried to reboot their computers and also switching the usb slot their iPhone is being plugged in to?

I have. I have also tried 3 different USB cabels on 3 different computers (2 mac's, 1 windows).

I am beginning to think there is no solution. :(

diego018

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i think theres a solution, a guy in hackint0sh solved it, it seems that there is a file called lockdown that got corrupted, so you have to put a new one in the iphone by ssh, but i dont know where can i get this file , when i know for sure i will help you guys.

also have you tried to jailbreak it again with redsnow?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
i think theres a solution, a guy in hackint0sh solved it, it seems that there is a file called lockdown that got corrupted, so you have to put a new one in the iphone by ssh, but i dont know where can i get this file , when i know for sure i will help you guys.

also have you tried to jailbreak it again with redsnow?

Thanks for the help. Hope that solution works.

Can't jailbreak when the computer doesn't recognize the phone.

diego018

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
that didnt work, well, the guy at hackint0sh forums said that his laptop couldnt detect the iphone in normal, dfu or recovery mode, but he said that he used redsnow to make itunes detect his iphone.
anyone can try this? i have tried, but redsnow doesnt detect my iphone.

kiddee

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
hi, i'm sorry for digging this thread up, but my 1st iphone 8Gb has just had the same issue, i cannot connect to my PC with any methods, sometimes i cannot use the home button, too.
but after about 1 day power down, PC recognize it normally, and doesn', and does.
i really confused right now, any one have the same issue?

Zagato

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
hi, umm i've got the same problem as you, but i think it isn't a harware problem... because when i turn off my ip and i'm connecting my ip to pc then ip turns on, but pc still don't recognize phone... i've heard about guy who have got same problem and he connect his ip on ubuntu and this os recognized the phone but he still can't for example restore his ip...

drumbeatslouder

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
Has anybody found a way to resolve this issue? I have tried multiple cables and multiple ports on my PC, my iPhone still pops up as an unrecognized USB. My iPod is recognized and will sync just fine. Also, my phone will charge from the wall and has no other known issues. I uninstalled iTunes (and every other Apple-related software I could find on my PC) and re-installed, no change. My iPhone also wakes up when it is turned off but then connected, so I also do not think it is hardware-related. Annyyone? This problem kind of randomly started happening; I don't sync my phone often so I can't peg it down to something specific changing.
Thanks..

diego018

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
so this was just unsolved? no one could find a sollution to this? i got frustrated so i bought a new iphone hahaha
but now i need some money and im planning to sell my iphone 2g. but first i need to repair it!

jbk6039

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
Has anybody found a way to resolve this issue? I have tried multiple cables and multiple ports on my PC, my iPhone still pops up as an unrecognized USB. My iPod is recognized and will sync just fine. Also, my phone will charge from the wall and has no other known issues. I uninstalled iTunes (and every other Apple-related software I could find on my PC) and re-installed, no change. My iPhone also wakes up when it is turned off but then connected, so I also do not think it is hardware-related. Annyyone? This problem kind of randomly started happening; I don't sync my phone often so I can't peg it down to something specific changing.
Thanks..
big problem...went to my wifes laptop and plugged into itunes she has on it and it recognized my iphone yet my desktop wd not...when I finally setup my phone as a new one on her pc, went back to my desktop and it then recognized my phone...not sure why this is happening to folks...maybe some corrupt file on my desktop but not sure which one...but then it finally recognized it....was not a problem with usb ports, cable, etc...a fluje on my desktop that corrected itself AFTER I set the phone up as "new"..a real puzzle

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods