Need Professional Help

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
I need some real help and Apple doesn't offer 24 hour support and I really don't know where to turn to. I recently purchased a macbook pro yesterday evening, still not even 24 hours since I have had it and I believe I completely screwed up. I had all my music on an external hard drive on a PC, so I switched it to the new mac book and made itunes import my music folder. After it finished I noticed that the songs were doubled so I thought I imported twice, so I highlighted all the song and deleted them from itunes. When I went back to re import from external hard drive, they were gone, my music is gone and I cant find it. I looked in the the trash and the trash is empty and I searched the whole external drive and they are no where to be found. This is my first mac and when this would happen on a PC, it would just delete from iTunes, and not from the source. I have purchased music from 2005 until now that is gone. I thought Apple had some fail switch for stupid!! If anyone knows how to get 4 years of music back, please help. If your only comment is going to be "wow that sucks" or "I feel for you", please don't waste your breathe, I am looking for help from people that have used macs for at least more than 24 hours. I am incredibly sick over this whole matter and need some good advice. Please help :(

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest going to the macrumors website or you can go the discussions/forum part of the apple site. This site is for the iphone, but maybe someone will be able to help you here. There is a setting to make sure you don't delete the songs off your hard drive, and I suspect you didn't have that set right. I don't have itunes on this laptop, or I'd point you to the exact place where you should've set that. However, you may be able to get the music back from some other method that a mac user might know. Oh, and "wow that sucks"....lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR