Mail Search Doesn't Look Beyond Subject Line??

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
WOW that is extremely disappointing. Is there any technical reason it cant search within the body? If there are not technical barriers, what is the logic is this?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure they will update this, apple has their reasons, but I don't see a reason why not to include it. Maybe a stability issue, that's pretty much always the reason, that and battery life. Remail, an app in the app store can do this.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If you use the main spotlight search, then it will search the body of emails. It's weird that the mail search doesn't.

I don't think that's true, at least for Yahoo Mail. My spotlight only gets to the subject level. I tried a bunch of times on various words that I know are in the body of the email.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You're totally right. I must've been smoking crack or something when I thought I saw a search term show up in the body of the email... it was the subject line.

Wow... sorry.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I wished you were tight though! Ugh, why didn't they give that as an option? Who wants to search email for what they gave us? Usually, I'm looking for an email that had something in the body. At least we can search in the subject, but most of the time that limits you.

richard3714

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Search Exhange Server with ARISTOTLE

Run, don't walk, to down load an app called ARISTOTLE. It lets you search the full text of your email on your exchange server at the office. It is not an IMAP product, so don't try it on gmail.

It works great and its FREE.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR