Does upgrading to 3.0 keep everything intact?

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
What I mean is.... will I still have all my contacts, bookmarks, SMS's, notes, camera roll, and settings after the upgrade? Also, will all of my voicemails stay put after the upgrade? I have a lot that I'm trying to save and don't want the upgrade to wipe them out.

I know I can re-sync to get my photos/applications back. I'm just worried about some of the little things. For example, I've been using Shazam to tag a bunch of songs I want to download later. Will the upgrade and re-installation of the Shazam app erase all of my previous tags? Will my bookmarks within the Maps application be saved? Will my YouTube bookmarks be saved? Will my Animoto slideshows be saved? My Howcast favorites?

Can someone who's already upgraded validate any of this?

Thanks for your help.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
What I mean is.... will I still have all my contacts, bookmarks, SMS's, notes, camera roll, and settings after the upgrade? Also, will all of my voicemails stay put after the upgrade? I have a lot that I'm trying to save and don't want the upgrade to wipe them out.

I know I can re-sync to get my photos/applications back. I'm just worried about some of the little things. For example, I've been using Shazam to tag a bunch of songs I want to download later. Will the upgrade and re-installation of the Shazam app erase all of my previous tags? Will my bookmarks within the Maps application be saved? Will my YouTube bookmarks be saved? Will my Animoto slideshows be saved? My Howcast favorites?

Can someone who's already upgraded validate any of this?

Thanks for your help.
Yes nothing is removed.

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
What about voicemails? Do they stay intact as well?

Also, I'm wondering what extra steps I'll need to take since my phone is Jailbroken. I'm thinking I'll need to un-hide all of my hidden apps and remove the apps I have sitting in "Categories" folders, as well as the apps sitting in my SBSettings "dock."

Thanks for the quick responses.

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What about voicemails? Do they stay intact as well?

Also, I'm wondering what extra steps I'll need to take since my phone is Jailbroken. I'm thinking I'll need to un-hide all of my hidden apps and remove the apps I have sitting in "Categories" folders, as well as the apps sitting in my SBSettings "dock."

Thanks for the quick responses.

voicemails arent saved to your phone. you will lose your jail broken apps though..

zwienerdc

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, The only thing that changes are some of your settings such as push notification and some minor things. I have heard that some people have been having major problems with keeping their stuff intact but it has worked fine for me so far.

thatiphoneguy

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, The only thing that changes are some of your settings such as push notification and some minor things. I have heard that some people have been having major problems with keeping their stuff intact but it has worked fine for me so far.

not even your settings should be lost, mine was the exact same after an upgrade, still had everything on it and push notification was still set to fetch at every 15 mins.. only thing weird was, i some how ended up with a percentage of battery remaining icon, which is apparently only available on the 3g-s. this i can not explain.

Last edited: