Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Sync Issues w/ OS 3.0

Ever since I updated to OS 3.0, my iPhone is having serious sync issues. When i plug it in my computer, it begins to charge but iTunes refuses to recognize the fact the fact that it's plugged in. After restarting the phone, iTunes and my computer several times, it finally begins to sync but the backup process is taking forever. I cancelled the backup process after about an hour last night. How can I fix this?
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Someone please helppppppppppppp
    iPhone Nanite

I'm having sync problems too!! None of my music synced, and it never completes making the backup.

It also does not automatically connect to my WIFI network.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Corrupted data

It does take a long time to sync some times, but you may also have a corrupted file.

Also, when an iPhone is physically disconnected in the middle of syncing music or photos, it's possible that orphaned data files will be left on the iPhone or iPod touch. This can result in iTunes not being able to sync to the iPhone or iPod touch on subsequent sync sessions.

One symptom of this issue will be displayed in iTunes where the Capacity indicator for the iPhone or iPod touch will report a large amount of "Other" disk usage for the iPhone or iPod touch.

You may have to restore your iPhone. Apple support says, "Using the Restore function for your iPhone or iPod touch is part of standard troubleshooting procedure"
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

i restored my iphone last night but i'm still having the same issue.. is there anything else that i can do?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

The sync is horrible. I sync every night(it used to take a few minutes) now when i do it it takes 30 min. plus and sometimes gets stuck at about 95% done. This is a little frustrating!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

That's what i do now, I bought a cradle. But if I want to quick sync my music its a long process.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Is there any reason for this extra long syncing process? I have had 3.0 since day one and just today it started taking forever.
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    3,352 Global Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by macnkat View Post
    Is there any reason for this extra long syncing process? I have had 3.0 since day one and just today it started taking forever.
    After I updated two 3.0 I have had the fastest syncs I have ever had with 2G & 3G my average sync is like under 30 seconds/
    iMore Guru

If your not getting your answer here, the apple troublshooting website can be helpful

I had one issue with sycing and it had to do with the settings on the first tab when I plugged the phone in. I thought I should select manually manage my vidoes. Well it wiped all my content off the phone. So perhaps it's a settings issue