Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

465 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Default HTTP Audio Streaming Not "Seamless"

apple said that users would be able to stream audio and video seamlessly between Edge, 3G and Wifi. I'm happy for the streaming because I can listen to TiPb's podcasts. So I tried to listen to one while on wifi, assuming it would be much better, and I've ran into some problems.

While listening, I decided to take advantage of being able to stream in the background. I exit safari and went into twitterfon and I noticed my signal went down from 3/3 to 2/3 then to 1/3 and the stream stopped. This was strange so I tested it again by just exiting safari and it happened again.

Then I tried to begin the stream on 3G and later switch into wi-fi, and after exiting safari, the same thing happened.

My wifi connection is always perfect 3/3. the base station is just 1 room away from my bedroom and a few steps away from my kitchen.

feed://feeds.feedburner.com/PhoneDifferentPodcast Try this link on your iPhone if you have wi-fi in your home.