Am I missing 3.0 features?

CHiRS

Sep 24, 2008
chrislae.posterous.com
Well, I just updated my 3G with the latest update and I noticed that I don't have some of the settings under the settings menu. I called Apple and they told me that the 3GS will have some minor differences over the 3G.

Here's what I don't have that the "iPhone 3.0 Software Walkthrough" article shows:

- Push Notifications: it says that there is a "top level" button to toggle it on/off. The screen shot shows the "buttons" in this order:
-Airplane Mode
-WiFi
-Carrier
-Notifications
( I don't have the carrier or notifications options)

-General Settings: Network
-No button for internet tethering.

-Safari:
-No option for Security: "fraud warning"

-No toggle for MMS settings

So far this is all that I noticed. Hopefully somebody has some insight for me on this subject. Who knows, maybe there will be another update when the tethering and MMS is enabled.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Well, I just updated my 3G with the latest update and I noticed that I don't have some of the settings under the settings menu. I called Apple and they told me that the 3GS will have some minor differences over the 3G.

Here's what I don't have that the "iPhone 3.0 Software Walkthrough" article shows:

- Push Notifications: it says that there is a "top level" button to toggle it on/off. The screen shot shows the "buttons" in this order:
-Airplane Mode
-WiFi
-Carrier
-Notifications
( I don't have the carrier or notifications options)

-General Settings: Network
-No button for internet tethering.

-Safari:
-No option for Security: "fraud warning"

-No toggle for MMS settings

So far this is all that I noticed. Hopefully somebody has some insight for me on this subject. Who knows, maybe there will be another update when the tethering and MMS is enabled.

MMS & tethering options won't show up until they are offered by AT&T. As for push you have to have updated apps that allow push notifications.

CHiRS

Sep 24, 2008
chrislae.posterous.com
For push, see this thread http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-help/172958-push-notification.html

I don't have the "fraud warning" either. Don't know what's up with that.

I assume you are on AT&T. AT&T has not enabled MMS or Tethering yet. It will be available later this summer. http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06/08/att-responds-iphone-30-mms-tethering/

Sweet! I just installed Tap Tap 2, and now I have the Notifications button under the settings. Thanks for the link!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh